This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most oblivious woman ever? Long

I was stuck working in Jewelry today, which is located right next to one of our mall exits. The mall doesn’t open until 10 so we don’t have any cashiers working there until it opens. A lady walks past the Jewelry department and right to one of the empty cash registers and sets all her stuff down and starts waiting for a cashier I assume. She looks right at the closed doors and up at the cashier light, which was off, and then just starts patiently waiting. I was busy helping a customer so I didn’t have time to walk over there and explain that the till was closed. I must have helped that customer for about five minutes before one of the other people working near by noticed her waiting and came over and told her.

She was also nice enough to send her over to my jewelry counter to pay for her purchases. Rather then walking into the department and paying for the items at the till where everyone else was, she decided she would just put her stuff on one of the showcases and I would be nice enough to walk half way across the department to ring her through. I did ring her through and then got her the total and told her it was like $19.68. She looked right at me and said “$19.66?” I smiled and said “No it was $19.68.” She started rummaging through her purse and hands me $19.66. I smiled and since she still had her change purse out said “No it was $19.68.” Normally I wouldn’t bother but she was bugging me. She looks at me and asks, “Why did you say $19. 66 then are you trying to rip me off. Not wanting her to bust my penny-stealing ring, I just took the money and put it in the till and put 2 of my own pennies in the till. I walked back with her receipt wished her a nice day thinking she was done.

But of course it wasn’t. She then decides to get mad about there being no cashiers at the actually checkout. Long conversation so I’ll summarize.

CL= Crazy Lady
    Me= Guess

CL – Why don’t you have any cashiers over at the checkouts isn’t this store open!

Me – We are open but the mall isn’t so we don’t have any cashiers working here until the store opens

CL – Well the store is open you should have people working here.

Me – We do have people working here they are at our other exits ringing people through as they leave the store.

CL – Well I wanted to pay here so why wasn’t anyone here?

Me – Well I just rang you through and I wasn’t that far away.

CL – Idiot. Well can you open the mall doors so I can leave?

Me – (Dumbfounded look on my face) The mall isn’t open no one can go out there. That's why there is no cashiers.

CL – Well that’s just stupid! (She walks away)

I swear I’ve never met a dumber person in my life.

Well I guess you gave her her two cents! Har Har!

We have had people who just walk into a closed checkstand, lay down their items and wait.......and wait....no light on, no cashier.....waiting....and when they are told that no one is going to help them there, they get all pissed. Yeah it's our fault you can't figure it out.
    Sounds like that lady needed another cup of coffee, or maybe she forgot to take her functional drugs that day.
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Owwwwie...that one made my head hurt.

Comment

Rude and stupid...seems to be quite a common combination amongst cuss-tomers these days.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Well, that was something indescribable.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd give hr a quarter and tell her to go buy a flippin' clue.

Comment

Anytime a customer has to dip as low as to call someone childish names like idiot, I usually end the conversation with "I'm sorry ma'am/sir but this conversation is over. Have a good day. The exit is to your left/right/whichever direction." I don't deal with customers who think they can belittle me.

Comment

"Why do you bang your head on the wall?"
                "Because it feels good when I stop."
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X