This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Two things: I am now ABSOLUTELY certain we work for the same company...
    After reading another post of yours today, I was thinking the same thing.

And yeah--definitely no coupons on sale items regardless...

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
      *writing a check at the register* "What store is this?" "How do you spell that?" (Target).
      "T-H-A-T"

My dad used to do that when people asked how to spell our last name. (edit: he stopped after getting some mail for Mr. G. That)
      Last edited by edible_hat; 11-13-2007, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Dumbest question ever in my short term at a 7-11.

Out of state guy: Do you sell booze?
        (This being pennsylvania, no one except licensed distributors or State Stores can sell any form of liquor)
        Me: No, we aren't allowed to by state law.
        OSG: Ah. You're all amish here then?

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
          how to change a name back having changed it while psychotic....
          I hate when that happens...

Comment

I didn't see this one posted:
            "This discount card expired yesterday. I can still use it right?" Hands me card.
            I read the card and say: "I'm sorry (sir or miss idiot) it appears to have expired yesterday."
            "So I can't use it?"
            "No."
            Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
            The following is subject to change:
            If Your Going Through Hell,
            Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post

So imagine my surprise when a customer walks into our employees only break room. I ask them if I can help them, and they ask me, "Are the bathrooms back here?" I tell them no and I walk them out onto the edge of menswear and point to the bathrooms they walked RIGHT PAST. Sigh..
              Here we got customers walking in our break room all the time to use our bathrooms...
              It really irritates me because our lockers are in there and some of us less fortunate in the IQ area leave the lockers UNLOCKED.

Heck, just yesterday one of our cashiers was discussing how to steal chocolate from another less briliant cashier as a joke.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

>how to change a name back having changed it while psychotic...

Quoth hecubus View Post
                I hate when that happens...
                The guy had changed his last name from Something-terribly-Germanic to Count Von Something-terribly-Germanic in order to impress the local town newspaper when he wrote letters to the editor.

He regretted it less than you'd think and decided in the end not to change his name back.

Victoria J

Comment

"Do I have to buy the item before I can use the money off coupon?"

Asked yesterday by a guy who after finding his girlf hadn't bought any nappies, still wanted to use the money off coupons anyway.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Re: making change.

Regardless of how good or bad your mental arithmetic is, if you enter the cash tendered amount into the register, then the change amount will be printed on the receipt, which at least gives some recourse in a dispute (although it is admittedly still unreliable if you press the wrong keys).

Comment

• Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                      I didn't see this one posted:
                      "This discount card expired yesterday. I can still use it right?" Hands me card.
                      I read the card and say: "I'm sorry (sir or miss idiot) it appears to have expired yesterday."
                      "So I can't use it?"
                      "No."
                      I dunno, some places have a grace period, some times up to a month. Now, the ones that really get me are who try to argue a year later. Uh, yeah, sorry, but no. And I had to deal with that WAY more often than you'd believe. People get anal about their cheap movies.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

• Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        I dunno, some places have a grace period, some times up to a month. Now, the ones that really get me are who try to argue a year later. Uh, yeah, sorry, but no. And I had to deal with that WAY more often than you'd believe. People get anal about their cheap movies.
                        oh, when i worked in parking enforcement we'd get the people all the time "but my permit only expired yesterday, don't you offer a grace period"... yes, we do, you may use next months permit up to a week before the beginning of that month, and they're available for sale starting 2 weeks before the beginning of the month... so by the first of the month you've had 2 weeks to buy it, and one week to get around displaying it... that's about as much grace as you'll get from us.

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
                        Yeah, but what if you do it in front of the customer and they verify the amount? I mean, it's not that hard to go [amount they gave you] - [total of their purchase] on the calculator. Would you roll your eyes and snort like the cashier's an idiot and cop an attitude with them?
                        no, i wouldn't think the cashiers an idiot... I said it was an easy trick, not that it was something that anyone would actually need to know to function. I consider an idiot someone who doesn't know something that they need to know to live their lives. Friends?
                        Last edited by Broomjockey; 11-14-2007, 03:25 AM. Reason: multi-quotage
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021
                          no, i wouldn't think the cashiers an idiot... I said it was an easy trick, not that it was something that anyone would actually need to know to function. I consider an idiot someone who doesn't know something that they need to know to live their lives. Friends?
                          LOL of course. I wasn't saying you were one of the snooty assholes who does that, I was merely asking a hypothetical question. It's a sore point for me because I've had people act like that towards me when I've typed in the wrong cash tender amount and had to manually figure out their change. The single most offensive thing to me is somebody acting like I'm dim-witted, since I consider myself highly intelligent. I'm just not a numbers person.
                          My Myspace, add me!

Comment

• Two of my favorites:

"How in the world are you supposed to get to the hotel?" - this is said, by dumbass, while standing in the lobby with the car under the canopy entrance. If I wasn't so laid back, I would reply with the obvious response, "The way you came"

And my favorite question, asked frequently, and sometimes even taken back:

"Are your rooms nice?" - seriously, do you really expect me to say "Not really, try next door, its nicer there"?

Comment

• Definitely not as dumb as some of the questions you guys get, but When working DSL Tech Support

Me: Thank you for calling DSL tech support, how may I help you?
                              CU: Um, yeah, I have DSL, do you know anything about that?

Comment

• Another brilliant question I've been asked:

(SC at the jewelry counter trying to purchase some expensive bling) "I don't have to have the credit card with me to use it for this order do I? You can just hand enter the account number, right?"

Retail Haiku:
                                Depression sets in.
                                The hellhole is calling me ~
                                I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X