Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, I understand our returns system is horrible...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I understand our returns system is horrible...

We've been trying to get the SM to fix it.

Let's start out by explaining: In our store, to do a return, you absolutely need a keyholder to come over and turn their key in your computer (Sounds dirty). Absolutely.
    For some reason, right now, whenever one cashier gets a return, all four other cashiers get returns as well (Damn you, Drop-Kick Murphy!). So, out of nowhere, FES has to visit all four registers, to turn a key. And, we'll also end up having three or four returns in a row (I know I do. Constantly)
    Anyway, two stories from today, both related.

One customer got angry at me because all the registers had returns, so M, the FES today, was away from her comp, turning keys in other registers, and thus, was not at mine, to turn my key (also sounds dirty).
    RJ: "I'm sorry, we've tried to get the SM to set it up so all returns go on one register, and they'd always have a key, to make it less of a hassle. However, as it stands, I can't do more than set up the return, and wait."

Another customer got angry because the FES had wandered off during a lull to use the toilet, thus, I had no key to do her return. I'm sorry, she's human. Sometimes, you gotta go.
    "I call murder on that!"

How dare she?! She should hold it in while I'm being served. I don't care if she loses control of her bladder! How dare she lose control of her bladder?! That's terrible customer service.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

When it's busy I always try to corral customers with returns to one register (usually mine, since I'm an FES) just because while they can technically do it at any register, it's much much easier to do them all at one place in lieu of having the FES run around (it also doesn't help that we have a ton of seasonal help right now, and all but two of them are idiots who can't figure out how to do returns...).

Comment

I'm just glad that there were not too many returns in the supermarket department were I used to work. (I was a sales assistant/deli assistant, not a cashier).

One return I remember very well, and it was only for about twenty dollars. A page came over for someone from the department to go to the customer service desk - just as I was about to go to lunch, but anyway. Now, to process this refund:

1. I asked my department manager.
        2. He checked with the store manager, who OKed it.
        3. I went back to the customer and told the customer service supervisor that it was fine to go ahead with the return.

Like I said, I am glad we didn't get too many returns!

Comment

managers are the ONLY people who can do returns in our store (this is where I come in...they give me something to do..tee hee). I was actually just trying to think if I had any sucky return stories in terms of returns. But in terms of customer behavior the only one that stands out was the guy who wanted to do a return without a receipt. Turned out he was trying to return something we didnt even sell. I just said

The only other negative about returns is that I work in an underwear store....things get returned...things which have been worn...and we have a 100% return policy...if its our product....and u have a receipt to prove you purchased it from us...we will take it back....needless to say...weve gotten back some pretty gross underwear....and when Im working Im the only person who is allowed to do these returns
          "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
            ....needless to say...weve gotten back some pretty gross underwear....and when Im working Im the only person who is allowed to do these returns
            at that point do you look at them digustedly and say to yourself, "man, how could someone wear something this dirty?"

?

Comment

"Yes, Ma'am, it's totally MY fault that corporate has these policies.."

It seems like whenever I am on register, as soon as the FES goes to lunch, all hell breaks loose and everyone within a 50 mile radius has a return.

But, dude, the FES shouldn't be allowed to PEE! Gah!
              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
              X