This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not your mother!

This was the response that instantly came to my mind (and had to be suppressed before it could come out of my mouth) today after an SC, who had totally ignored my attempts to talk to him left his card in the machine. I didn't notice, cuz I sometimes don't. He came back about two minutes later, snatched the card from the machine and said in a nasty tone of voice, "Why didn't you tell me?"

For the record, I do sometimes remember to tell people to remember their card, but it's not part of my job to think for customers. -.- Even if they show absolutely no evidence of being able to think for themselves.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Yes it is your job! 90% of the human population cannot think for themselves.

Jk, it isn't your job to think FOR them. It is, however, your job to silently laugh at them, or laugh after they leave.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      "Why didn't you tell me?"
      Because you're and idiot and you have the attention span of an intellectually challenged gnat who can't remember which way round your pants go let alone how to operate a complex machine such as a Chip and Pin device, therefore I had to remind you about entering your PIN while you gawped at the device like a dog does at his reflection, at which point I lost all respect I had remaining for humanity and began to plot your messy and painfull death, Sir.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        "Why didn't you tell me?"
        That is a valid question. After all, don't they pay you to stare at the machine and watch everything a person does at it? If so, then it was your responsibility to play Mommy and let him know he forgot his card!

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          Because you're and idiot and you have the attention span of an intellectually challenged gnat who can't remember which way round your pants go let alone how to operate a complex machine such as a Chip and Pin device, therefore I had to remind you about entering your PIN while you gawped at the device like a dog does at his reflection, at which point I lost all respect I had remaining for humanity and began to plot your messy and painfull death, Sir.
          too bad the guest would notice by the time I've finished saying that that they were on mute... I need something shorter so the guest doesn't notice that i've muted the phone.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Me: "You want an honest answer or do you want to hear what you want to hear?"
            SC: "Uhh..."
            Me: "Okay, here's what I think you want to hear...why, I do apologize for my ignorance sir! Have a great day! And hey, here's some free stuff! But here's some honesty instead...you're a moron. No, not just a moron, the kind of moron that deserved to have his card stolen by someone when I wasn't paying attention and they swiped it from the machine, but fortunately for YOU, that didn't happen. Shut up and get lost."
            You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              I need something shorter so the guest doesn't notice that i've muted the phone.
              Witty, yet short... Hmmmm, let me see

Ronnie Corbett, nope not witty

You're an idiot, not quite cutting enough

Your existence makes me want to vomit on the face of humanity

Your pathetic excuse for a temper tantrum makes me laugh in the face of adversity

You sir are apparently the epitome of evolution, I say Darwin was wrong and you're the proof.

Take your pick
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I've had a number of customers try to walk out of the store without their bag of stuff (patent pending). The items they came in to buy, and have paid money for already, and they just forget about them! What the hell?

Of course, there was also that girl who bought her stuff, and, as I'd bagged it by the time she gave me money, she walked out as soon as I had the register open, leaving me with a handful of roughly $3 change, and her receipt. Uh...

I was told to hold on to that money, and let an MOD know about it when it came time to close my drawer. MOD told me to put it in the deposit, and write a note to the night bookkeeper. So, I did. The next morning, my timecard had been pulled, because I was over by $3.. The hell? So, you wanted me to look like a thief then?
                Last edited by Imogene; 11-22-2007, 01:52 PM. Reason: Added an ending
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                X