This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange nicknames...

Not really sucky, but definitely strange and mind-boggling... and amusing as hell.

Was reading through old posts again, and something reminded me of a couple calls I received when working at the electric company. (Yes, I no longer work there, long story short, they suck. And I was losing my mind, but that's not the cause.)

When we receive calls, we generally have to get the name of the person we're talking to, to verify they are allowed to have information on the specific accounts divulged to them. Simple, and understandable, to most. The following people just decided to have a little fun with the person on the phone...

Me:
    SC: Strange Customer!

Me: (Gets account number, etc) And who am I speaking with?
    SC: (name changed but for the nickname) Jeremy "Hitman" Jones! Heh, heh, heh... (Very deep voice, reminds me of the big guy from The Green Mile.)
    Me: (couldn't help it!) *laughs* Okay, thank you Mr. Jones, let me look at your account here...
    SC: Oh you liked that did you? Heh, heh, heh!
    Me: *chuckles more* I did, that was pretty funny.
    SC: (says to someone in the background) Heh, she's laughing at me, says I'm funny. Heh, heh, heh!

At that point, I wasn't sure if he was amused because I didn't take him seriously or if he was amused because he succeeded in amusing me. I just made myself believe in the latter.

---

Me: (Gets account number, etc) And who am I speaking with?
    SC: (gives name, older guy, sounds like probably between 60 and 80) But you can call me Lambchop!
    Me: ( Trying not to laugh too much, but I'm sure he could tell I was amused by my tone of voice) Alright, Lambchop, let me go over your account here...

---

I know I have notes set aside somewhere from my last week or so from that place, if I find them, I'll post 'em. Anyone else have funny/scary-strange stories about people who wanted you to call them something other than their names?
    Confirmed altoholic.

LOL

Lambchop??

I get the Hitman being silly but my gosh that takes the cake. You gotta love a little bit of colour in the day. You might hear hitman all the time, or more often than not, but Lambchop!

Comment

And the guy sounded like someone's nice old grampa... I'm still shaking my head over it. Maybe he just really, really liked the old puppet show? Or even the lady who ran the puppet show.
      Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

I'm with the others. The Hitman thing was just , but the guy with the "Lambchop" was definitely trying to get a laugh out of you with it. My kind of old dude.

Oh, and the oddest nickname I've ever seen was a friend of mine who topped 7' (Several cm over 2m for those using metric) who was called "Tiny".
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

That's funny.

Hey, it's not as bad as some skeezy pervert wannabe telling 16 year old female clerks that his name is "Don Johnson" or "Buddy" or "Bad Ass".
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My navel piercing was done by a large, burly, heavily-tattooed man who went by "Spanky."

I don't have it anymore, though. It grew out...most likely assisted by me getting the thing caught on the bag racks while trying to bag groceries at work. That hurts, by the way.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              Oh, and the oddest nickname I've ever seen was a friend of mine who topped 7' (Several cm over 2m for those using metric) who was called "Tiny".
              That's a few more than several! Guy's a freaking giant! Finally someone I can look up to!
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Hey, it's not as bad as some skeezy pervert wannabe telling 16 year old female clerks that his name is "Don Johnson"
                *Snrk*
                My Grandpa's name is Don Johnson, and I never thought of it in a context like that. Dammit, Blas, now I'm going to have nightmares.
                Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

"Butch" had his cover blown by my late hubby, who went all over the store passing out paychecks (this was over 10 years ago) and had one left. He proceeded to call out "Francis (can't spell it, so I'll do it phonetically) Al-O-way-shus" all over the store until "Butch" ripped it out of his hands and stomped off.
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                  X