Read the damn sign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the damn sign.

So one of the stores about a 5min drive from us got robbed at knifepoint. So dispatch called to warn us in case said asshat wandered into our store. So we put a BIG bright red eye-catching sign in the door saying that we have surveillance and less then $20 in our till. And that night shift staff do not have access to the safe.

What does this customer do? Reads the sign, and since he's not wearing a mask (fine he's outside right now) we can see his lips moving and see that he's read it.

Aaaaand he still decides to pay with a $100 bill for a $2 chocolate bar. Then gets pissy that we can't accept his 'legal tender'.

So if he wants to play that game we'll play. I inform him that I am exercising my right as a cashier to refuse a sale.

He throws his chocolate bar at me and stomps off in a huff like the man-child that he is.
    "It's a joke not a dick. No need to take it so hard."

“Here’s $10, go to Walmart and buy a houseplant. Carry it around to make up for all of that oxygen you waste.”

That's when you want to say something like "Well I can take your $100 and give you the up to $20 I have in the till as change. But I'll have to keep the other $78 as a tip."

Comment

Working...
    X