Trust me your face is not a pineapple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust me your face is not a pineapple

Ever had one of those customers where the complaint is so weird that you're looking around for the cameras to appear?
    Today we had a customer who was upset because we were selling a quilt 'with her face on' and she hadn't given permission for us to do so.
    That was odd enough-but just maybe she'd had some personalized bedding made and someone for whatever reason had donated it in which case we'd probably just remove it from sale.
    Since we'd just cleared the linen section, we invited her to identify the offending item. The bedding she picked out had a design of pineapples wearing rather cool sunglasses
    And so it was I was able to add to my list of complaints-'Customer wished to complain to manageress about my lack of ability to distinguish her head from a large tropical fruit'
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

So how much did she look like a pineapple?

Comment

There was a pineapple toddler in The Devil's Panties webcomic recently...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        The bedding she picked out had a design of pineapples wearing rather cool sunglasses
        Did it look like one of the options that come up if you search Amazon for pineapple sunglasses bedding?

Comment

Like wow!, ma'am, that's one gnarly set of wrinkles. New fashion in bodmod?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

But the Pineapple is the king of fruits, a traditional symbol of opulence and sophistication, you used to be able to RENT them to display for your houseguests...... there's WORSE things to be compared to.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I think my brain just had to reboot itself, just from the sheer craziness of this. I mean, how in the hell is the customer thinking a pineapple with sunglasses looks anything like them? I mean, I know my eyesight can be weird sometimes, but even I can tell the difference between a human face and a pineapple with sunglasses.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Fun pineapple fact: Back around 1900 my great-grandfather had a winery in Florida. Among the products he sold was pineapple juice and pineapple champagne. The pineapple champagne cost $10 for a case of 12 qts, and $12 for a case of 24 qts. The pineapple juice cost $8 for a case of 12 qts and $9 for a case of 24 qts.

$8 in 1900 equals $252.25 today ($21.02 per qt).
                $9 in 1900 equals $283.78 today ($11.82 per qt).
                $10 in 1900 equals $315.31 today ($26.27 per qt).
                $12 in 1900 equals $378.38 today ($15.76 per qt).

That was a lot of money for juice, but the champagne prices seem to be inline with what we pay today. Not that I have ever seen pineapple champagne anywhere, but I haven't looked for any.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                  I mean, how in the hell is the customer thinking a pineapple with sunglasses looks anything like them?
                  Brain damage? It seems related to the Capgras or Fregoli delusions.

Comment

They stole her face and used it for their stupid quilt. There's no other explanation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mr sparkle.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2073065

Comment

Working...
                    X