No announcement yet.

Yes, there needs to be a minimum of 14 days since your 2nd vax, plus one more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, there needs to be a minimum of 14 days since your 2nd vax, plus one more

Today we had to turn a client away because she only had her 2nd vax done only 5 days ago - we specifically tell people when they book that they wait at least 14 days after their 2nd vax, and we confirm it when doing confirmation calls. Apparently this missus felt that because clinics are still allowing people in with none or one vax that she could come in. I had to gently explain to her that the spa is not a clinical setting therefore we are exempt from the rules that allow medical service clinic to let people in regardless of their vax status. The hotel allows people in that haven't been vaxed, have only had one, or haven't gone 14 days since their 2nd one because 1) the first floor is being used for clinical space, 2) hotel employees are not going to be right up in the guest's face like spa employees would be, and 3) we are a private business that is looking out for the safety of our employees

Then, wouldn't you know it, she had her mother call in to confirm because how dare we turn away her precious daughter. I explained it to her several times before she asked for a manager - "Ma'am, you're speaking to one right now." *click*

Later we had somebody message us to ask if we could deliver a gift card and a small gift to one of their family members who lives two houses down from the spa. I had to explain that due to work safety rules that we could not do that - I was very polite, but this person got pissed off because we couldn't do it, and was only asking as a favour. And then they went on to lament how us refusing to deliver goes against the Newfoundland spirit they grew up with, and they just can't believe that somebody just wouldn't do the delivery out of the kindness of their heart. I so badly wanted to tell the person that the neighbourhood we're located in isn't exactly the best, and if something happens to us during the course of a delivery - when our insurance doesn't cover that - that it would cost the company a small fortune, that would then be passed onto this person for insisting that we do this delivery. Oh, and the cherry on this particular shit cake - I wasn't asking you to deliver anything, just put it into their mailbox. Uh, last time I checked that is still considered a delivery. If they want it delivered so bad, pay a delivery company whose insurance covers this kind of stuff. Besides, we're so short-staffed coming into the holiday season that we barely have time to eat let alone run a damn delivery, regardless of how close it is to us.

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
    I wasn't asking you to deliver anything, just put it into their mailbox.
    In the US, it is illegal to place anything in a mailbox without postage. The USPS considers that "theft of services". I would guess that the Canadian postal service has similar regulations.

Or,

They could have paid you to mail it.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Humans can be so unreasonable.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
      X