"I have to deal with You People every day!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have to deal with You People every day!"

God, got a doozy of a sucktomer today. Some woman came up to my cashier with tons of groceries and -- of course! -- her own very specific methodology of ringing them in and bagging them. She was obviously surly and frazzled before she even got up to our register, but that does not excuse how she treated me, yelling at me for just trying to help, then dismissing me and telling me to work on another register because, and I quote, "I have to deal with You People every day!" She then accused me of having Asperger's (which I have not been officially diagnosed with, but it wouldn't surprise me if I had a mild case of), and when I heard the You People phrase, my face just dropped, and I said back to her, "What do you mean, 'You People'...?" before storming off the register to let her sink or swim on her own. One of my managers came by shortly thereafter when she heard of how I was treated to ascertain if I was okay, and I was more annoyed than offended, but I know many co-workers and former co-workers with developmental disabilities, and I was authentically shocked to hear someone so callously refer to those with autism.

I'm still seething about this, hours later...

And I was expecting the "you people" to be directed in the opposite direction.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well, the proper response should be, "Okay, you don't want to deal with the people we hire. We understand, rather fire the twenty plus people we have here, we will just fire you - BANNED FROM HERE! Problem solved!".

Comment

A prerogative far too underused.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X