This is why I'm no longer in retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I'm no longer in retail

Ooh, first time posting since the boards were updated. It's so pretty now! Anyway...

The night was going by. Nothing overly annoying or slow. I even managed to get plenty of stuff done. Until the last 15 minutes of my shift. Lady comes up with a cart of stuff. Every interaction with her was hostile. She begins to argue with me over
    1. Her rewards membership and didn't answer what I asked her.
    2. Her senior discount
    3. Sale prices
    After the transaction she spent 5 minutes talking to herself scrutinizing her receipt. She comes back up after checking prices and then starts accusing me of
    1. Charging her too much on a couple items (YOU charged me...)
    2. Accusing her of putting something in the wrong spot
    I start her return to fix the prices but got stumped over a sale price on one of the items (it was buy one get one free and the register wouldn't let me change the price). Then she starts telling me how to do my job. I call the manager and she starts to tell him how to do his job. We finally get it all straightened out and she goes off into the night. During all of this one woman was patiently waiting. Once the evil bitch left the first words out of her mouth was the title.

This came up in my newsfeed today. Either the timing was right or it was foreshadowing.

I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Yikes. That's why I'm no longer in retail as well; one gets severely sick and tired of dealing with bitchy, unsatisfiable customers. I had far too many like that one.

I do miss my coworkers, and I did like some aspects of my last retail job. But every time I consider going back, all I have to do is read my old posts on this site, and I remember why I left.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This past Christmas in photo was a complete shit show. We ran out of supplies, orders were messed up, too many people working at one time. I walked away when I could and called for a manager when I didn't want to deal with the customers. And it's certainly not going to get any better.

Comment

You're so cute--"ooh, it's pretty." That made me giggle. I'd sooner go back to food than retail. I might need a 2nd job and I'd like to work in a fast food but not up front. I want to hide in the kitchen. It's hard physically but I could do it a couple of nights a week. I never, ever want to be a cashier anywhere again. I hate it so much. On the salesfloor occasionally backing up the registers is fine.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The closest I've gotten to food was when I was doing demos in a grocery store. I've only done retail with a couple office jobs. If I was going to stay in retail I'd go to a place that had lots of staff because working in a small place with few people sucks. Especially now with the skeleton crew we have. Right now I'm waiting for my big epiphany to figure what to do next.

Comment

Working...
          X