Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogan break up

Dear god, this was a nightmare.

The night before my shift I see messages on the work chat that one of the rooms are being noisy and disorderly. I check that they're leaving tomorrow and brace myself.

Oh how naive I was when I arrived.

As I drive in I notice something dark in front of the room and find out it's a pile of ash made up of a bath towel, a bottle of something and newspaper for kindling. It was still smoking so I poured some sand from the ash bins and stomped on it.

I go into the office and realize I've left my phone at home so i had to use the office phone. I took some pictures and sent them to my supervisor (they had the day off).
    I then get notified that at around 2:30AM the police showed up to the room and a woman walked off the property. At 8:00, I kind of derped and thought the room was empty so I walked up to the room and put my key but pulled out at the last second.

This woke up the guy in the room and he came out in his undies and a cigarette in his hand. He starts going off how he had his heart getting broken and how his girlfriend slit herself. The guy's raised his voice to an unacceptable level for the morning and I do what I can to calm him down. I told him to get back inside, get dressed and maybe have a coffee.

The room next to him was leaving so I went up to apologize to them but the guy took offence to this and started having a go at the guest by cursing at them and calling them a p****y; in front of his kids no less. The house keeper arrived and helped back me up. The guy's going completely feral at this point and he's still in his undies so we had to warm him to put some clothes on and to stop or we'd call the police.

He put on some sport shorts but then kept going at the house keeper and insulting how she dressed (she was wearing shorts and a T-Shirt). We finally drew the line and called the police to get him out. They arrived like 45 minutes later coz it was probably low priority.

Police arrived, went up to him, interrogated him outside his room because he took out one of the chairs while I stayed in the office occasionally catching glimpses. After some time I see the guy in cuffs and then shoved into a paddy wagon.

Thank god!...or not...

I took pictures of the room as evidence for my manager and thought that was the end.
    A little later the police come back with the girlfriend and sat her down in the room. Not sure what happened but I caught the police just before they left and they said they have to leave her here while they found new accommodation for her. I was in utter disbelief at this and asked how long it would take. They gave me a vague 'this afternoon' and said she wasn't comfortable sitting in the police station. i argued that I wanted her off the property to avoid risk but they wouldn't budge. On top of this, the guy's stuff was still in the room and they told us to just pack it up and put it to the side and he would get it.

As of this writing, the lady's still in the room and the police haven't come to pick her up.I'll post an update afterwards and I pray to god I'm still sane after this ordeal.

Please update us. Hard to believe the police left her there, she can still cause all sorts of damage.

Comment

What a complete mess!
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what' a "bogan"?
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Forgive my ignorance, but what' a "bogan"?
          Aussie equivalent of "white trash" IIRC
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Lady left without a hitch. She was unexpectedly agreeable. Only issue that annoyed me was that the police kept pushing our job down their list so far that they didn't come till noon.
            They're gone. The End.

I should also finish the story of the ash pile. The boyfriend admitted that half an hour after the morning call he took all his girlfriend's stuff and set fire to it in front of the room. It's a miracle it didn't set THE CAR IN FRONT on fire.

Comment

Working...
            X