How to you get THAT on the ceiling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to you get THAT on the ceiling?

I don't have a lot of hotel stories since I started to work primarily at the spa attached to the hotel, but this past weekend kinda made up for it. And I'm very glad that I was not on after hours on-call duty too.

So, Saturday night apparently there was a huge to-do in one of our outside rooms after I'd left at 9pm. It was bad enough that the police were called and they went in with lights and siren - I heard the sirens from where I live about a five minute walk away, and I had jokingly asked myself if they were for my hotel. Not expecting them to actually BE for my hotel.

The couple who had rented this particular outside room probably should go to rehab because hard drugs and hard alcohol are not a good mix at the best of time. The missus gets upset because her man isn't sharing his pipe with her so she threatens to unalive herself. Apparently dude laughed her off. So she got serious and attempted to go through the glass shower surround in the room's bathroom, slicing herself up pretty badly.

Cue the missus running out of the room, screaming her head off that she's bleeding to death. Might be right, who knows? The employee on overnight duty gets called by one of the other guests, an ambulance and police get called, and off the missus goes. The police stick around to try to find out what exactly happened, and one of the officers runs the dude's ID...up pops a warrant for his arrest.

A scuffle ensues. Food, alcohol, drugs, and paraphernalia go flying, but the police manage to get the dude into the back of the squad car finally.

The next morning the housekeeper reports that the room is a state. There's even a slice of pizza stuck to the ceiling over by the room's TV. Pizza sauce is behind the bed's headboard somehow, and there's a hypodermic needle sticking out of one of the TV remote's buttons (this got bagged up by the police later). Nobody is sure how half the bedding got stuck under the heavy platform bed-frame, or the fork in the toilet tank. When the guest services employee stuck their head in to see the disaster he narrowly avoided getting hit with a used condom that had somehow been stuck to the ceiling nearest the entrance.

I checked this couple in and they seemed sketchy to me then, but their credit card was valid and charges were all approved so I just hoped for the best. Now they're on our Do Not Rent list for life.

Oh my god. That is terrible. Are all hotels like this?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I don't like people much, so I going to put forth a cynical guess about the pizza and the condom: It was intentional. Before everything went pear-shaped, this couple thought it would be a funny experiment. Good look with the ceiling - I'm guessing pizza grease will need a coat (or two) of oil based primer.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        I don't think all hotels are like this, but I think many seem to attract guest like these ones. We aren't even at the lower end of the cost scale for local hotels here, but I think it's because we're located in a primarily residential area with some aspect of privacy surrounding our site. And it doesn't help that we are located in an area that half skeet/bogan and half decent.

When I was in housekeeping in a chain hotel I've slipped in lube on the bathroom floor, found used condoms under tables, rose petals ground into the carpet and bedding, and even a couple of adult toys. But never anything stuck to the ceiling before.

Comment

God, you learn something you didn't want to know every day. My heart goes out to you.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Pizza on the ceiling? I guess they got really high.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              I don't know but you may find Another Dirty Room interesting, though I can't get through an episode. It was on Netflix but it's still on Youtube. Dan Bell is the film maker so if you search Youtube for the title and his name, it'll come right up. Not for the faint of heart. You have been warned. Oh, and if that's too gross for you, he does make good urban exploration videos and his dead mall series is great.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X