Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting until the last minute is not a valid reason to get pissed off at me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting until the last minute is not a valid reason to get pissed off at me!

So, as folks already know, this Monday is Valentine's Day. It's usually one of the biggest days for us at the hotel and spa, but as it falls on a Monday the spa is closed. Our work week is from Tuesday through Saturday. Provided we aren't stuck in some sort of weird half-shutdown like we have been since the start of January.

In the past three days of work I have had the following:
    1. people chew me out because we aren't open on Monday with it being such a 'big holiday'
    2. people demand that we open Monday so these entitled people can come in for services on the 'most romantic day of the year'
    3. people who are trying to book services now for the days we are open coming up to the 'big holiday' as well as the weekend after - they're all upset that they can't get in despite knowing that they are leaving it late
    4. people who are trying to book rooms and are pissed off when they are told that we've been booked for the next couple of weekends for at least a month
    5. people who were smart enough to book a hotel room in advance but didn't seen to realize that they should have booked spa services well in advance too
      1. these same people assumed that there would be spa appointments available just because they booked a hotel room. Yeah, it doesn't work that way.
        1. one missus said she would cancel her hotel room if we couldn't get her in for a couple's massage - she was shocked when I didn't suddenly say "Oh, I just found appointments for you'. Instead I told her that I could understand how she felt and asked if she had told the person who took her reservation that she wanted to book spa services. The missus said 'No, I assumed they'd be available." The amount of times people have said this through out the year is nuts - they don't understand that the spa is open to the public, not just hotel guests.
    6. people who assumed that because they booked spa services that they also have a hotel room booked
    7. people that demanded that our estheticians/massage therapists come in early to accommodate their demands.
      1. just today I had somebody expect that I would make one of our massage therapists come in 30 minutes early this Friday so that she could fit in a last minute massage appointment. When I told her that the most we could do is book a 30 minute massage the first thing out of her mouth was "Can I speak to a manager?" When I told her I was one she was like, "Well, can't you make the massage therapist come in early?" I explained that our massage therapists make their own hours and we can't make them do something just because a client demands it. "Can you ask her?" Nope, she has already had her schedule set in stone - she will not be there at 9:30. "Well, I figured that asking for a manager would make things go how I wanted them." I thanked her for letting me in on her little plan and that I would be notating her account, and that under no circumstances would we be playing her games. She wasn't happy, but she can go suck rocks for all I care.
      2. Or the missus who demanded that we be open late this Friday so she could get in for services. Yeah, no. Not happening.
    8. people get angry when I tell them that we will be requiring ID from the person paying for their hotel room AND their registered guests
      1. this is due in part to the missus with the stolen card a couple of weeks ago, and continuing issues with a couple of the people tied up in the whole mess - use a stolen card, get banned. Further, have somebody else come in and pay for you, putting the room in your name, and discovering that you are the person who got banned a couple of weeks ago but using a different name...yeah, thanks fucko.
    I'm sure there is going to be more by the time Friday evening rolls around, but I'm off the next couple of days. Thank goodness!

We'll be praying for you.

And eagerly anticipating the stories.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

May your sanity persist and prevail in the way that their collective intelligence has not.
      Further, have somebody else come in and pay for you, putting the room in your name, and discovering that you are the person who got banned a couple of weeks ago but using a different name...yeah, thanks fucko.
      Ban the friend who paid for them, too. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Ban the friend who paid for them, too. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
        Absolutely! I have made it clear to all the hotel front desk staff who all is on the ban list and told them to read it at the beginning of each shift so see if there are any new names added onto it. My fingers are crossed that I get through this weekend and next more or less sane...or at least as sane as I usually am :P

Comment

Working...
        X