Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of planning on your part...

...does not equal an emergency on my part -_-

I was in the process of closing out the register at the hotel not even 20 minutes ago, and some missus comes beating in the door before I had a chance to lock it for the night (our guests have the door passcode to get in and out, and an emergency contact number to call if necessary) upset that the spa wasn't open for her to buy a gift certificate.

Me: They open tomorrow at 9am so you can buy one then.

Missus: I need one today! Can you sell me one?

Me: Sorry, no. I've already cashed out the register and can't ring in another sale until tomorrow or it screws up the auditing.

Missus: I absolutely need one! Are you sure you can't sell me one?

Me: I'm sure.

Missus: I need to speak to a manager.

Me: You are speaking to one.

Missus: I need a gift certificate now though! I'm my nan's 68th birthday today!

Me: I understand but I do apologize that I can't sell you one at this time. The register is already closed for the night.

Missus: But it's my nan's birthday! This is all your fault! You need to open the register again!

Me: No, it isn't, and no, I don't.

Missus: What am I supposed to do now?

Me: Go to Shoppers or Walmart and buy her a gift card off of one of their racks there? Or not wait until the last minute next time?

She got all butt-faced and stormed out of the hotel lobby. I know that it seems odd that we don't have somebody on-site 24/7 but we do not have enough staff for that, and we've been running this way for close to two years now, and we do not have a night auditor - whoever is the last employee out of the hotel does the audit, and I was already well into that when the missus showed up. It also doesn't help that my brain to mouth filter failed.

On my walk home I was thinking to myself that maybe the missus didn't come in sooner in the hopes that her nan would pass away before her birthday dinner or some such. Morbid, yes, but that was the only somewhat reasonable explanation I could come up with. But of course, we know how sucky customer's brains tend to misfire when it comes to things like this or this site wouldn't exist.

*sigh*

Dammit Gran! I hadn't budgeted for 8 dozen candles and an Emergency Burn Permit!

My Dad will be 95 in 23 days...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X