lots of money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lots of money

Had an order for $32.15. Guy hands me $40 and I ask him how much change he wanted back. He tells me $15. Math is hard these days.

I have lost so much faith
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

So he wanted you to tip him for the pleasure of delivering to him?
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

You could have told him he needed to give you another $7.15 in order to get $15 back.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Just because it's how much he wanted didn't mean it was physically possible. ^_^

When I delivered pizza I was asking that question and people got mad at me. Manager told me to quit when I brought it up to him. Apparently it's presumptuous or something where I was. I thought it was efficient. I did ask if they wanted their "coin change" or not. No way I was digging out coinage every time if I didn't have to.

Comment

They expect the impossible. There are some basic rules to math that make this somewhat easier.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

We just never carried coin change at all when I slung pizzas. Most of us really did only keep $20 or less on us when out of the store (usually all ones), as this was required, but not coins. A few ignored this, but they were the sneakier drivers (read: "snakes") who were known for grouping together runs/only taking bigger orders/etc in a way that violated policy in order to boost their tips. often screwing over the other drivers. Management never did anything about them. One even took a paper and calculator with them to calculate how much his take-home would be including the commission (4.5%) so that not even the managers counting their bank would have any clue how much they were really making.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wow.. I always carried coins when I delivered and counted out the change on every delivery. We were told to never assume the tip, and unfortunately we had customers that was more then willing to call into the store to have our management 'remind' us after we delivered to them. Thankfully everything on our menu was priced to the nickel, so we never had to carry pennies, but we still had to dig our the nickel for the '$x.95' orders because we know if we didn't, we would hear about it when we got back to the store.
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Only managers could dispatch orders at my store. Which led to another problem all together when they decided we would all only take one order at a time, no matter how far off it was. We get 3 orders to the neighborhood 20+ minutes to the store? We're gonna have three drivers headed that way and a bunch of angry customers when we finally get back. It was ridiculous.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  Had an order for $32.15. Guy hands me $40 and I ask him how much change he wanted back. He tells me $15. Math is hard these days.

I have lost so much faith
                  Honestly, I would attribute this to a simple brain fart. We all have them, n'est pas?

Comment

Hey, if you're gonna ask me to work out the change I'm due, of course I'm going to balance it in my favour.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                    X