"You can go to hell!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You can go to hell!"

Why did a customer tell my shift lead this? It was over toilet paper.

Let's back up a bit. Tonight was a shit show for many reasons. Let's just say that people just being premium as I like to call the assholes. Throw into the mix that I'm getting over a cold, the store was hot and uncomfortable and my shifts are crap this week and I'm already over it. Phone rings about 9 pm. I answer it and nobody is there at first. Finally somebody asks if we had some kind of toilet paper on sale for 79 cents. I have no idea what she's talking about, lady gets pissed off and just hangs up. Maybe 15 minutes later, lady comes in grabs toilet paper from a front display and stands at the front register. I come up and she starts telling me this is on sale for 79 cents. No, it's $7.99. That's when she pulls out her phone claiming it's on sale. No, it's not. But that lady at the other store told her to come to my store since they were sold out. I call the shift lead up. SHE tells her it's NOT on sale and why are you believing a tiktok video? Lady doesn't like the answer she's given and as she storms out that's when she tells us to go to hell. Fuck that, we're already there because of people like her.

The topper on this? She was wearing a shirt that said "Apparently, I'm dramatic." Even more topper...it was in that swirly Live Laugh Love font.

After some thought I think she was driving around looking for this cheap toilet paper and couldn't find it and that's why she was pissed. Or at least I can only hope she was wasting her time and gas looking for some deal that was hard to find.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

What type of person uses TicTok for buying advice? Does she also use them for more expensive items?

Comment

A 90% saving would be nice, but good grief i would at least check the store's own site before starting to go hunting... probably wasted more than the "saving" in gas even if she had found it.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

"You can go to hell!"

I'll save you a seat~!
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm not sure I would want to use 79 cent TP, except for a certain petty vandalism. I agree that that SC is going to burn enough gas to cancel any savings.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            I'm not sure I would want to use 79 cent TP, except for a certain petty vandalism. I agree that that SC is going to burn enough gas to cancel any savings.
            At today's gas prices, she's pulling THIS crap?
            (Er ... pun not intended, but it does fit.)
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              What type of person uses TicTok for buying advice? Does she also use them for more expensive items?
              Apparently somebody who wants to save on toilet paper. And yes, she probably would use it on something more expensive if the video told her what she wanted to hear.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I was telling this story to a nice clearance shopper and she mentioned something about a video about sales. Not surprising Tik Tok is a cesspool for entitled Karens.

Comment

Where in the world is TP on sale for that little? I get excited when I can get a 12-pack on sale for $10!
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

"You can go to hell!"

"Oh good, we can carpool." (Judy Tenuta)

79 cents? I don't think you can even get a single roll of one-ply for that price!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Let's take the TP with us; it's good kindling."
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This whole thing reminds of the time a Door Dash person said "I hope you have a bad day!" when I told her she couldn't use her rewards card on the order. I really get satisfaction telling people stuff like that.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                          Where in the world is TP on sale for that little? I get excited when I can get a 12-pack on sale for $10!
                          Our local Safeway had TP for 71 cents during the pandemic, but it was this ultra-cheap, ultra-scented stuff that gave me a urinary tract infection (UTI). Switched to something else, then came back to it, and got another UTI. I got the hint and the cheap stuff went out to the garage for extremely dire emergencies ('dire' like the end of the world as we know it.) I'm a bargain shopper from way back, and I know where the cheaper TP, paper towels, tissues, cat food, etc. are. (Got one brand of cheap dry cat food that was so nasty the feral cats refused to eat it and left it for the local raccoons. And if feral cats refuse to eat a particular food, you know it's nasty. The ones I feed will normally eat whatever doesn't move fast enough to get away.)

Comment

Working...
                          X