Entitled Old Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled Old Guy

This situation annoyed me so much that I barely want to put in an effort to this story but I just felt I had to share it.

Our pharmacy was busy today because most of the small pharmacy staff is on vacation. Most of the day the store manager was working there along with ONE pharmacy tech and the pharmacist. For the first couple hours of my shift the line was at least 10 people. Minutes after the store manager left Entitled Old Guy comes in demanding to speak to the store manager and isn't moving out of the way of the other customers. He wants names and he wants them now. NOW! Sorry jerkwad there's nobody who can help because the only manager on duty is dealing with customers.

During this I look over at the cashier and she all teary saying she doesn't like confrontation. So I send her out to get herself together. This old fucker still want names of everyone in corporate and their mothers because nobody answered his phone calls to pharmacy. I'll allow him being annoyed at that but not the righteous attitude. During this there is a police office ringing up and he kept asking if everything was alright. I said "Hey can you tase this old guy because he's annoying us?" Officer says "Sure thing!" He tases the guy while everyone in line claps and the old guy hobbles out never to be seen again.

Oh, sorry let my imagination get away from me. There was a cop and he did ask if we needed any help. Anyway, the ancient troll goes away and things go on. Cashier takes her lunch break then I go take mine. I went up front to buy my food and the cashier has her coat on and apologizes but she's not really in any shape to finish her shift. I tell her it's fine and take care of herself.

I came back from my break and the rest of the evening was quiet and I managed to actually get some of my work done.

Fuck that old guy.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I hate old farts who seem to think that just because they're old, everyone else has to do exactly what they say.

We have a little old lady customer who asks us to go above and beyond for her. "Would you write out this check for me and I'll sign it?" "Would you put this in with your mail?" And so on. We let her get away with it because she's super polite and because she's literally 100 years old.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
      I hate old farts who seem to think that just because they're old, everyone else has to do exactly what they say.

We have a little old lady customer who asks us to go above and beyond for her. "Would you write out this check for me and I'll sign it?" "Would you put this in with your mail?" And so on. We let her get away with it because she's super polite and because she's literally 100 years old.
      Is she asking you to pay the postage?

If not please help her. That mail may take down a corrupt prison warden.

Comment

Old guy called back today demanding to speak to the manager. After I told him the manager left (he'd been there since 5 am for our truck) he demanded the manager's number. I told him we can't give that out. Tomorrow at 7 am store manager will be getting a phone call. And that's why he gets paid the big bucks.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

The argument is "Well, they're old." My response (and I'm 67) is "Fine; that means they're old enough to know better."

Comment

Good grief. I actually managed, somehow, to sign in with my OLD username, which I haven't used in more years than I can remember.

Switching back to my new one since I like the kitty picture better.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

LOL! But yes, using age as an excuse is no excuse.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
              X