Doesn't understand how cameras work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't understand how cameras work.

So three seperate customers come up and each wants to pay part of the gas bill. Fine, I don't care so long as the gas pumped matches the money owed. Problem is, they each want their own receipt showing only the amount they themselves paid. Since they insist on each paying that has to be done up in three seperate transactions, because there's three seperate people handing me money. Since we don't have integrated systems and their ancient af. It means you have to pay, pump gas, pay pump, then pay again. It sucks but sadly we have to do it that way. Otherwise the camera sees three transactions but only one is rung up. Since the camera can't count money and it would be to easy for a bill to be hiding under another to avoid accusations of stealing we have to ring it seperate so what the camera sees matches what the till and the gas machine and the pump all read. Since I don't want to lose two weeks of unpaid time off while they investigate the apparent discrepancy and I also can't afford an unpaid vacation (not to mention possible accusations from a customer, that's the sort of shit that gets people fired) I'm not risking it.

Something that could have been solved by just allowing me to use the subtotal button so that it reads three different people paying on one recipient
    Would look something like:
    Subtotal $20
    Subtotal $40
    Subtotal $40
    Total $100

Yeah, it can be a bit confusing with longer bills, but it's still simple math. And I don't mind writing the math on the receipt if need be.

But no, they wanted only their portion on their receipt. Which means seperate transactions. Which means seperate transactions on the machine that tells the pumps how much to pump. Which means three seperate times having to pump gas. Yes that means you have to replace the nozzle each time. No I can't just make it keep pumping. All the computers and video have to match up. Yes they DO in fact check the cameras...daily in fact. Probably has something to do with how their employees are treated that they have so many problems.

Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

I figure one of two things going on here: (A) They were on an expense account and had been told exactly what the bean counter wanted, or (B) They were trying to distract you so someone could shoplift. I hope it's the former. I had a customer who would ask for all the gas receipts in my waste basket; he was a business owner who was well known locally as crookeder than the proverbial dog's hind leg, and when he asked me, I told him no. Then when I took over as manager, I told him to never ask any of my employees for that ever again, or he'd be banned from the store, and he never did. I figured I was safe, as he couldn't very well tell Corporate he wanted to commit fraud and I wouldn't let him, although in retrospect stranger things than that have happened, and I'm sure the OP has seen them.

Comment

Working...
    X