I was not yelling at you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not yelling at you

I raised my voice. There's a difference.

Lady comes into my line and I notice she has lots of laundry soap that's on sale. I was willing to go as far as let her purchase 4 bottles and 4 bags of pods. Until she kept pulling more out of the cart totaling about 16. I tell her the limit is 4 per person per day. She ignored the last part and kept coming up with solutions to get them all. Classics like leave the store and reenter and get random stranger to buy them for you. I kept saying the limit is 4 per person. Extra bonus points for her being on the phone with someone declaring I refused to let her buy what she wanted. Then when she finally gave up told the person on the phone "You heard her yelling at me, right?"

Maybe I'll end up in a viral tiktok. Career goals.

I feel bad for the poor toddler who had a hacking cough and probably shouldn't have been out in the bitter cold.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

All this for laundry soap and pods?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      All this for laundry soap and pods?
      I've had customers throw tantrums for a 2¢ difference when we got rid of pennies so it got rounded to the nearest 5¢ so this doesn't suprise me sadly
      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

I've been accused of yelling before. It was Ol' Scarface Herself at the wholesale club when I raised my voice at her.

My unimpressed response to her accusation was "I'm not yelling at you. Trust me, you'll know when I'm yelling at you."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          "I'm not yelling at you. Trust me, you'll know when I'm yelling at you."
          I have used a line similar to that.

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I've learned to keep my mouth shut in situations like that. If I was to say anything my East Coast will emerge and it won't sound nice.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
            X