Remind me NOT to cut you some slack if I see you again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remind me NOT to cut you some slack if I see you again

One of the sales we're currently having is [Brand] butter, on sale for $3.99 a pound. Limit is FOUR per customer.
    I get two women in my line, quite obviously shopping together.
    Yes, there is a bit of a language issue. (Not helped by the general background noise and the fucking non-stop Christmas music. It's not even Dec. 1 yet!!!)

First woman comes through with four. Fine. I ring her through.
    Second woman says something I don't quite get but I see she has eight. Fine, whatever, maybe she's buying for a friend or other family member. I ring through four. And then ring through four again.

There was a bit of a gap then as I helped other customers; I'm not sure how this happened. Then the second woman comes through again, this time with a small BOX containing what looks like TWENTY pounds of butter.

I don't normally raise my voice at customers but I sure did then.

"NO. FOUR. FOUR!!"

I glared at her. A supervisor came by and reiterated "FOUR" as well. The woman mumbled something and took out four (!!) and I was tired of arguing and there were other customers lining up so I rang those four through. I think in all the two women got 16 pounds of butter.

Supervisor speculated that they owned a store themselves and were buying butter at basically half-price and then putting it up for sale at their own place for normal price (roughly $8/pound).

When I went for my break I warned my replacement about them.

I'm back on Sunday; the sale will still be on then. I can't guarantee I will recognize them again, but absolutely nobody will be getting a break on Sunday.

There is, unfortunately, no way to prevent them from coming in repeatedly and going through different registers each time, or sending other family members to do so.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

We used to just tell the undercover asset protection guy and give them a printoff of the problem customer face. They couldn't do anything about it but they stood a better chance at remembering one person then we did and would tell us if they re-entered the store. So we would know they were back and it was just a matter of glancing at their picture to refresh our memory.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
      We used to just tell the undercover asset protection guy and give them a printoff of the problem customer face. They couldn't do anything about it but they stood a better chance at remembering one person then we did and would tell us if they re-entered the store. So we would know they were back and it was just a matter of glancing at their picture to refresh our memory.
      That's a good idea. I'll mention it next time I go in and see if it's feasible here.

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

That's a good idea. I'll mention it next time I go in and see if it's feasible here.
        No problem. Anything to help.
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
        X