sucky library customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucky library customer

*I don't think this woman was purposely trying to be sucky, but it was a bit annoying to have to deal with.

Apparently, her iPhone was displaying a "Phone locked" message, it had been doing so for a few days, she had been told that she could go online and unlock it through the iTunes website, and she decided to come to the public library to do so. This customer also admitted that she wasn't so good with computers and technology, which I can understand.

However, she REALLY should have been talking to someone at either an Apple store, or any other store which sells phones. Among other things, she knew her iTunes username, but did not seem to understand what "Enter your account password" meant. She also had some trouble getting into her Gmail account, couldn't access security notifications because her phone was locked, and didn't seem to understand that I wasn't able to create a workaround for this.

I did my best to be patient with customers are this challenged when it comes to technology, but sometimes it is difficult not to just say "Look, I work at the library, not for Google/Yahoo!/ Apple,....etc."

"You know, I bet that person over at the Apple store could help you!" It's the information on how to get the information they need.

Comment

Yes. Telling someone who admits they aren't "so good with computers and technology" to go to a particular website for help is probably not going to be very helpful. She definitely should've gone to an Apple store.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X