No announcement yet.

Crazy Girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to google it, but Minnesota hasn't recognized common law marriage since 1941.

Updates on this situation:

Jaqueline came in yesterday and had me notarize a healthcare directive for her. It seemed unrelated to anything else, but maybe it was on her mind because of Frank's deteriorating health.

Coincidentally, while Jaqueline was in the bank, Frank's daughter texted one of my CWs. Getting the sad part out of the way, Frank is in hospice. Which means they don't expect him to live much longer and just want to make him comfortable.

The daughter also said the Jaqueline has been driving Frank's car, but she took it away from her. Makes me wonder how Jaqueline got to the bank. She doesn't seem the type to walk across town.

The biggest thing in the text is that the daughter provided Jaqueline with a 30-day notice to move out of the house. If she doesn't move out, they'll have to pursue legal action. Evicting someone when there's no formal lease still follows eviction laws in Minnesota. The bank has had to deal with that before. It's a huge pain.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Good luck, hopefully you will not see Jaqueline after she is evicted.

Comment

Hopefully, but there's money there, and she can SMELL it. She won't go away on her own, unless she's forced, or the money is absolutely gone and out of any possible reach.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
          Hopefully, but there's money there, and she can SMELL it. She won't go away on her own, unless she's forced, or the money is absolutely gone and out of any possible reach.
          There may not be much money when the dust settles. Unless Frank had a long-term care policy, his money is, very likely, dwindling fast as nursing homes and hospice are really expensive....like in ten of thousands per month.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I don't know if Frank had money elsewhere. It seems likely. But he passed away since my last post. His daughter has been in a few times to take care of some of this things.

We haven't seen Jaqueline since. Unsurprisingly, she wasn't mentioned in the obituary.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              I don't know if Frank had money elsewhere. It seems likely. But he passed away since my last post.
              R.I.P. Frank.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hopefully the daughter is the controller of the will, then she will ensure Jaqueline will never get a cent more.

Comment

Working...
                X