Light goes on, albeit very feebly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light goes on, albeit very feebly

This wasn't a sucky customer so much as a ... the-wheel-may-be-turning-but-the-hamster-is-dead type of customer.

Customer comes through my line, and as usual, I ask if he needs to buy a reusable bag. He buys one ... but ...

Customer: "They're gonna have to do something to fix this."

Me: "Sorry?"

Customer: "These bags! They're all gonna end up in the landfill! People are gonna have closets full of them!"

Me: * ... *

Customer: "What are people supposed to do with them?!?"

Me: "... bring them back and re-use them ...."

Customer: "Well, that's ... that's ...."

He picks up his bag of stuff and moves off.

Me: "Have a nice day!"

Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

About like our hamster that got lost in the heater vent one winter. We knew he was in there, but finding *which* one... Ever seen a hamster the size of a softball?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

OMG, that sounds SO gross ...
      Yet another reason why I prefer pets that can't fall down into small spaces.

We'll ignore the average-sized cat that, many years ago, crawled into a hole in the floor of a second-storey closet ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Had two cats that climbed into the basement ceiling many moons ago. How the hell the little fluffball did that, I still don't know.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

This past Christmas, I had a similar brainfart. I did some of my shopping in a town that is charging for bags. As I was checking out, the clerk asked if I wanted a bag for five cents. I said, "yeah, I better." It wasn't until after I walked out of the store that I remembered I had a reusable bag (one that folds up neatly into a little package) in my purse. I must have shoved it out of the way to get at my wallet.

I like reusable bags at a lot of places. If they've got thin, crappy bags for instance. I also use them for my recycling. But places that have nice bags, like my local grocery store, I'll save those and reuse them in the bathroom trashcan or for used cat litter.
          Last edited by Ghel; 05-05-2023, 02:42 PM.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            OMG, that sounds SO gross ...
            Yet another reason why I prefer pets that can't fall down into small spaces.

We'll ignore the average-sized cat that, many years ago, crawled into a hole in the floor of a second-storey closet ...
            Yeah, I have chameleons (among other pets). If you ever want to murder someone get them a chameleon. They'll die of a heart attack eventually. It's like having a perpetual toddler but the kind that puts forks into outlets while looking you dead in the eye and smiling. I swear he's jealous of my longer human lifespan and is determined to scare me down to his.
            "It's a joke not a dick. No need to take it so hard."

“Here’s $10, go to Walmart and buy a houseplant. Carry it around to make up for all of that oxygen you waste.”

Comment

Working...
            X