I'm pretty sure you're a prime example of why this wouldn't help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure you're a prime example of why this wouldn't help

So we've stopped giving out plastic bags ... about a month or so ago. We had signs up in the store for at least a month BEFORE this happened. We have reusable bags and that's it. And, of course, the idea is that you bring them back ....

Customer today: "I have to buy some bags. I left mine in my car. I never remember them. You guys should have a big sign up at the doors -- 'REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN BAGS.'"

I didn't say much while he moaned on about this for a couple of minutes, but finally got tired of it.

Me: "Sir, we did have signs up in the store for a month or so before the plastic bags ended."

Customer: "Yeah, but still, I never remember mine. You should put a BIG sign up at the door. Maybe with flashing lights."

I managed not to tell him that clearly he wouldn't remember his bags even IF we had Rambo at the front door to drag him bodily back to his car, yelling "REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN BAGS!!!" at every step. I said unfortunately there was no manager at the store (a lie) so I couldn't call one over for him to speak to, but he should go online and contact corporate and tell them his suggestion.

Me: "They're more likely to listen to you, as a customer, than to me, as staff."

I am 99% sure he won't do a damn thing except moan on and on every time he comes in for months about how we should have a BIG SIGN with FLASHING LIGHTS at the store's front doors.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

You are probably right. All he really wants to do is pin the blame one someone else for his incompetence.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Maybe implement an automated NO-BAG detector at the door with a taser and an ejector?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Maybe implement an automated NO-BAG detector at the door with a taser and an ejector?
        Can't use an automated ejector - it might yeet the current occupant into an 'innocent' bystander.

Comment

Different industry, same entitlement, had a lady call in while I worked as a cell phone call center about.. 15-20 years past or so now. She was mad as a hornet because she had received collection calls. See... according to her she was far to busy to remember to pay the bills on time so it was our fault for not reminding her. Despite the monthly bill that was sent out. Of course she absolutely refused auto-pay even though 'my husband is a doctor and makes lots of money'. Long time ago, I don't remember the details just the absurdity.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post

Can't use an automated ejector - it might yeet the current occupant into an 'innocent' bystander.
            Ow...cannasoda up the nose isn't fun *_O

How about a person-size pneumatic/vacuum tube like bank drive-thrus used to have? Comes down from the ceiling and sucks them up into a holding pen on the roof. Employees can come up onto the roof on their breaks and point and laugh. Maybe betting on Sucky Customer fights off-hours....
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

... you'd be getting off lucky if it was the nose it was propelled shooting up...'
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
              X