Visit To Applebee's - Close To The Retirement Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit To Applebee's - Close To The Retirement Community

The other night, my wife and I had decided to eat at a different Applebee's than the one we usually go to. What a mistake that was.

We got there, and I think this was maybe the first time I had seen any restaurant with a crowd sitting outside waiting for a table since the pandemic began. That was the first sign that we might be there for a while.

When we got in the door to give them our name, we had to wait behind a woman and her friend, and it went something like this:

SC1 (Woman): Hi, we need a table to seven.
    M (Manager); Sure, it's going to be a one hour wait.
    SC1: One hour! Why is it going to take so looonnnngggg!
    M: I am sorry, but we are understaffed and don't have the usual personnel for waiting on tables.
    SC2 (Woman's friend): Let's get two tables. Then the wait won't be so long. (Not sure how this is a remedy)
    M: We can do that, but the wait is 35 minutes.
    SC1 and 2 (in unison): 35 minutes??!! Why so looonnnngggg???!!
    M: I am sorry, but as I said, we are understaffed and do not have the usual help for other tables.

By now, my wife and I are getting irritated as we were behind her waiting to give this guy our name.

SC1: Well, look in there SC2! All those empty tables and it's going to be an hour for one table, or 35 for two!

We finally gave our name, but after about two minutes, we decided to leave due to pieces of shit like this. The rest of what we saw in there looked just like her. Hair sprayed heavily, expensive clothes and shoes. We showed up in t-shirts and shorts and knew we were getting the evil eye from these people.

We ended up at IHOP! Great place, with none of these people flocking there.

The people in there thought Applebee's is too good for tshirts?

Comment

IHOP is better, anyway.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
        The people in there thought Applebee's is too good for tshirts?
        You see, they're fancy like Apple-beeeeeees....
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X