Asinine Communication, or Lack Thereof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asinine Communication, or Lack Thereof

Hospital/medical systems make me want to pull my hair out. I call the facility where our equipment is physically and ask Reception if they know who pays their vendors. The lady doesn't but could find out if I tell her which doctor. I don't have that information; I have billing contacts. The doctors have nothing to do with this. I tell her I don't know any of them and she tells me that she can't take a message for the office staff if I don't have a doctor's name. I should google it but I'm not going to because I've been working on this long enough. Anyway, she tells me to call Scheduling so I exlain I'm not a patient; I'm a vendor. I don't know why she'd have me call Scheduling; I don't need an appointment. I need them to pay me! Ugh.

This is a major hospital, a name everyone has heard. It conjures up a mountain mentioned in the Bibl, it's so famous. You might hear it on a TV show or in a movie; kind of a universal reference. I think I'm done calling except for that last ditch effort right before I recommend it gets placed with outside collections. This department hasn't paid for almost a year. I frustrated her even though I didn't get mad. I'm sure they hate getting these calls.

I don't blame this lady in particular, just how medical entities are run. Finding admin. staff is a nightmare.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Mind-boggling that an organization that size doesn't have a dedicated Accounting department!!
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      Mind-boggling that an organization that size doesn't have a dedicated Accounting department!!
      The hospital system does but the individual doctors' offices and other facilites don't know who to get me to because they don't usually handle paying vendors. Also, this might've been an after-hours answering service so they're usually no help, but I blame the entities that contract them. Provide some good numbers where people can leave voicemails if it's not medically related. Of course the answering service can't answer medical questions but could ya just get me to Gertrude the AP manager's voicemail?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X