This is why we shouldn't have a customer bathroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we shouldn't have a customer bathroom

Luckily, I didn't see the absolute worst of this one, but still...

I was returning some perishable items (milk) to the back of the store; the quickest path to that section is through the Produce department. As I'm walking, I start to see piles and smears of what looked like mud on the floor...I didn't smell anything, but instinctively maneuvered as far away from the mess as possible, noting that other customers had actually walked through it. I see M booking it toward the back, he sees me and goes "Watch your step!"
    Me: "I take it I don't want to know."
    M: "No." He is wearing a KN95 mask and chemical-resistant gloves.
    I have to go to the back again, and am hit with a very strong smell of disinfectant in the produce department; M has cordoned off a good area of the floor and it is covered in Lysol spray.

When I come back from lunch (I could smell the disinfectant all the way downstairs, better than the alternative) the restroom door is closed/locked. The last time the plumbing was being worked on, a manager put a hasp and padlock on the outside. There are two large trash bags (the giant heavy-duty leakproof bags that are used for the can machines) outside the door, both filled with paper towels. Both bags have been sprayed down with more Lysol. Of course, SCs were demanding to know why the restroom was closed and trying to weasel their way downstairs. I didn't ask what actually happened; what I saw was all I needed to know kthx.

Medical issue or not, whoever the culprit is should be permabanned immediately and charged for all the cleanup (and maybe hazard pay for anyone who saw any of it). That was bad enough that one of the produce guys had to find it, but what food did the SC actually touch (and how much wound up getting tracked through the store by oblivious jerks)?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

And yet the same customers who do that are also the same ones who whine bitch and moan when they're caught and told to find other places to shop
    "It's a joke not a dick. No need to take it so hard."

“Here’s $10, go to Walmart and buy a houseplant. Carry it around to make up for all of that oxygen you waste.”

Comment

That is beyond disgusting, especially since it was done in a food store. People like that absolutely should get the ban-hammer.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I think I know the SC that did it, and I still see him come in the store in the mornings. My/the front end's word isn't good enough though, they have to look at the cameras (which they'll never do; it's all uploaded/stored offsite and corporate requires a police/AP report to send anything down).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Would it be worth the effort to get your local health department involved? Make it a big enough problem for manglement and it'll GET fixed
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

When I worked at Random Craft Store it was very common to have the restrooms shut down for a few hours at least three or four times every couple of weeks because someone decided to either paint a stall [and not with actual paint, either] or someone didn't make it to the toilet in time. Got to the point where, towards the end of my time at the store, it was being debated if the restrooms should go to employees-only, since the bathrooms also had started to become a good place to stash item packaging but without the actual items.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
            X