Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever hear of a little thing called a calculator ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of a little thing called a calculator ...

Customer with large-ish order comes through my line yesterday. I total it all up.

Customer: "Oh dear, I need to hit $175."

Customers often get 'deals' associated with the loyalty cards: spend $XXX and you get XXX points. She was at about $163 and change.

Customer: "Is it okay if I go grab another item or two?"

Me: " ...."

Sure, lady. I'm sure the THREE people behind you won't mind at all.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Isaac Asimov had a word to say on this... (He had thousands on every subject!
    https://urbigenous.net/library/power.html
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've never understood how people can get to the checkout counter and have no idea of how much they're spending until a machine totals it up for them. I've always kept a running total in my head (if I'm having a really tight week, I back that up with a calculator).
      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

No kidding, tollbaby. Especially since calculator apps have always been standard on phones.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I've had times where I needed to price my budget to the penny 'cause money was so short, but I'll always have a vague idea so I can know what types of payment I might need to consider swapping between - do I have enough cash, will I be able to tap, etc. If you're really bad at keeping running totals in your head, just remember which stuff costs under a buck and which stuff costs multiple bucks, and round everything up to the nearest full dollar (or in my case, pound); you'll almost never come up with a number under the actual price, which makes the final bill that bit easier to stomach too
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
          X