Wow, supervisor demand--haven't had that in at least 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, supervisor demand--haven't had that in at least 10 years

As I've said ad nauseum, clients sign a legally binding lease that states the can and will pay X amount per quarter for so many years. It's not cancelable. It's non-negotiable (technically). They argue all the time that Y employee wasn't allowed to sign contracts (not our problem; we specifically ask if they're authorized and people lie which is not our fault). Or they say "I haven't used the equipment." If I lease a car I can not drive all I want, but I have to pay.

I just picked up this account from the offshore collectors. I haven't actually talked to the client--unreachable by phone. So I sent the nastygrams which don't have my name nor position. Got 2+ responses demanding that a sup call them, that they were told they were getting a call. Uh, not by me. I don't see that noted anywhere. They've paid and ratified this. It doesn't end until 2028 so they Big Mad. They just have buyer's remorse I guess. Anyway, I'm usually the onw who makes the decision on the account and sups are only needed to approve the termination. And he's gonna tell them the same thing I would. Anyway, it's been forever since I've experienced this.

I'm on hold with her on the phone and she's really nice but it was weird seeing this.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 11-15-2023, 08:38 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Can I try that with my overloaded credit card? "NOBODY TOLD ME I HAD TO PAY THIS BACK!!!!"

Or better yet, my student loan ...

Comment

I have (sort of) good news. I am getting a new project: state accounts. We don't send them to outside collections so I don't have to do any terminations. We don't lock their equipment so I don't have to look up the status nor send those letters. I'm not likely to have to argue with anyone; it's not like they're small businesses. And the letters are nicer. So all I have to do is go through the gentler collection process and write off stuff they can't pay.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Good for you.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X