Whoopsie ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoopsie ...

When you walk into the store and see a uniformed police officer standing by the door of the security office ... you can pretty much guess that somebody's day is about to go pear-shaped.

And no, it wasn't mine.

Do you know the story, and can you tell us?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Take your time, Pixel. I'm out of popcorn
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I know the bare bones and certainly I can tell you. (Won't need much popcorn, taxguykarl!) A couple of teenage girls took a stab at shoplifting. Turns out they weren't very good at it.

At one point I looked over and an older woman was standing next to one of the girls. I'm guessing it was Mom. And Mom looked quite grim. Couldn't see the daughter's face as she had her back to me.

The second girl -- I don't know if they couldn't get hold of her parents or I just didn't see it. A few moments after the above sighting, I looked over to see the second girl with a look on her face that suggested she was going to burst into tears as soon as she got out of the store. Or possibly sooner.

I have heard we've got a lot of problems with kids shoplifting candy, so I'm betting that's what it was. Unlikely anybody was arrested; they would almost certainly just call the parents and let it go at that, since it was more than likely the girls' first offence.

Comment

Working...
        X