It's a public restroom, not a sauna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a public restroom, not a sauna

Fuck's sake...was waiting to enter the ladies room so I could finish my clean sweep today, and a young girl entered right before me. I waited for her to finish, and when she came out, her mother was like, "Did you shut off the faucet...?" I looked in (the running faucet I assumed was from another customer washing up), and saw to my horror that the last person in there had let the tap running on full, and water was spilling out all over the floor. To make it worse, it was on the hottest setting, meaning the room was full of steam and the mirrors were totally fogged up.

And I know it wasn't the girl's fault, but, seriously...if you entered a public restroom, and saw that a faucet was left on and was literally spilling water all over the floor, wouldn't your first instinct be to SHUT IT OFF?! She literally did her business and walked out, completely ignoring the water AND the fact that the whole room was full of steam! And she wasn't THAT young (maybe nine or ten), so there's no excuse. Took me twenty minutes to mop up the mess.

What possible reason is there to leave a faucet in a public restroom running on full? Were we hit by the Wet Bandits...?

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    What possible reason is there to leave a faucet in a public restroom running on full? Were we hit by the Wet Bandits...?
    Maybe you would prefer the Sticky Bandits? I don't want to know what that would mean in a restroom.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Sadly I've seen this happen far more than I wish would happen. This is why most places have faucets that shut themselves off. Far too many people take the "not my problem" attitude with things like this. I get funny looks from people when I reach over and turn them off.

Comment

If the mother knew it was on, makes me wonder if she's not the one that left it on.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          If the mother knew it was on, makes me wonder if she's not the one that left it on.
          The mother never entered the restroom, she came along after the daughter entered.

Comment

Working...
          X