Code Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Green

After getting laid off from a great job and no joy after months of searching I had to go back to my title and got a job again at a tourist gun rental range as an instructor. Ah the joys of working retail that the time clock has a camera. anywho

Day 2 of being there I was with the Rangemaster as the range is opening going over what I was going to be doing. Then suddenly both our heads go up. He mutters a swear and heads through the shop to intercept the incoming customers. Yep these people thought getting baked at 9am and going to shoot guns was a good idea. Mind you we are outdoors and there is a 20' solid barrier btw the range and the parking lot. As it turns out it happens more than it should. I had someone else we were sure was holding, he reeked. He was a little slow but not impaired.

As for Cheech and Chong he told them they could not shoot but if they got a reservation for the next day and showed up straight he would let them in. Not sure if they did.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Oh, the ones that drove up in the Kenner Easy-Bake Oven!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Why would anyone think showing up impaired in any way to shoot shit was a good idea? I've seen some shit that goes on at a range where everyone is stonecold sober and even then there are headscratching wtf how did you manage to DO that?

We had one guy who lives in infamy. So one of the ranges they had looked something like this

S–________. ...#
      ................... |B|
      Where "S" is the person shooting, and "B is the poor bastard in this little trench in front of the target. Now the trench was deep enough even a very tall person could easily stand up and still be safe from their head exploding like a watermelon. Now the idea was that the group in the trenches would be able to quickly change the targets by dropping the down to trench level, switching, and then extending them back out. This was an outdoor range back when you'd otherwise have to make sure every idiot had fired their shots, then change shit manually by walking downrange. It was not a short walk.

Now this guy had a reputation for managing to get himself creatively injured. Usually not by doing stupid shit like the rest of us either. He somehow managed to get himself shot in the LEG of all places, while in a deep fucking trench, after the bullet presumably ricochet off the metal holding the target up. We still aren't sure how. He was a special snowflake that one.

The amount of gun safety instructors I've seen shoot themselves in the foot, literalliteralboth hilarious and worrying. I've had the pleasure of watching someone get well and truely smoked for lighting up the fire line by accident. We had to carry one special twat to medical after he tried to disassemble for cleaning and caught the spring in his throat... this was a big boy gun and that was not the thing you wanted to happen. I've seen one guy almost catch a spring the eye if it weren't for his glasses...and people saying guns don't kill people have never tried being hungover and distracted trying to fully disassemble something they probably shouldn't while not fully paying attention. I've seen fingers pinched and otherwise caught because someone thought they were Rambo and fucked up.

There are many ways to fuck up with a gun and 99% can be avoided just by being sober and paying attention. Then there's the truely spectacular fuckupery where something malfunctions.
      Last edited by AkaiKitsune; 03-15-2024, 01:26 PM.
      "It's a joke not a dick. No need to take it so hard."

“Here’s $10, go to Walmart and buy a houseplant. Carry it around to make up for all of that oxygen you waste.”

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
        Why would anyone think showing up impaired in any way to shoot shit was a good idea?
        Impaired people will try to do anything, They don't think.

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X