Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer got scammed BAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Customer got scammed BAD

    We had a customer get scammed today, and the scammer got the LOT: checking account number, online banking login, debit card number. I wouldn’t be surprised if they got her social security number and date of birth.

    Money-wise, they only got $100 before she called us, but that’s only because that’s all she had in her checking account. And because she gave them the card number, the bank considers that as her authorizing it, so we won’t be able to get it back for her.

    When I left for lunch, the customer was arguing with my CW over the phone that she shouldn’t have to close her account and open a new one. You gave out all your banking info! We have to shut it all down.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

  • #2
    Quoth Ghel View Post
    ... the customer was arguing with my CW over the phone that she shouldn’t have to close her account and open a new one.
    [SARCASM] All the bank's fault, of course [END SARCASM] So what recorse has this customer. When I get tax clients with compromised identities, the first thing we do is prepare the ID theft affidavit and strongly advise a credit freeze.

    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

    Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

    Comment

    Working...
    X