This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't return that item

A customer came in tonight, came right up to my register, has two needle point kits in her hand.
    RJ: "You have a return...?"
    C: "Yes."
    RJ: "Do you have the receipt?"
    C: "No, they were gifts, but I know they came from here."
    I scan one of them, as they're both the same item. System comes back, pricing them at a penny each.
    RJ: "I'm sorry, but I can't take these back without the receipt, as they're showing as discontinued." (which is what the one penny price means.)
    C: "What do you mean?"
    RJ: "Well, we took them off the shelf for some reason. We no longer carry them. The best I can do, due to the price, is to give you two pennies on a gift card, but that's not likely to happen, as soon as I call for a key, they'll notice the price, and questions will be asked. If you had the receipt, I think we could do the return, but as it stands, you're out of luck."
    C: "Well, can't you make it so you can return them? I know my friend bought them here."
    RJ: *sigh* "MOD to reg, please, MOD to reg."
    MOD D comes waltzing up (Yes, this is the MOD who told me to grab the dust mop broom), gets a quick story from me about what's going on, then has a twenty minute conversation with customer about why we can't take them back (I only paid partial attention, as I was answering the phone and shooing customers who attempted to line up behind D) Basically, D suggested the customer attempt to sell them at a garage sale, as we can't take them back at this point. No *art store* can. And no, we have no idea what other stores would return them for you, even though they were expensive.
    "I call murder on that!"

Quoth Juwl View Post
    MOD D comes waltzing up (Yes, this is the MOD who told me to grab the dust mop broom), gets a quick story from me about what's going on, then has a twenty minute conversation with customer about why we can't take them back (I only paid partial attention, as I was answering the phone and shooing customers who attempted to line up behind D) Basically, D suggested the customer attempt to sell them at a garage sale, as we can't take them back at this point. No *art store* can. And no, we have no idea what other stores would return them for you, even though they were expensive.
    Sorry...I found this last bit quite odd. Did she have a garage sale how did D know? Did she try to return them to other stores or something? Does your store have a strict no receipt/no return policy I mean by then she wouldn't ask a dumb question like "Well, can't you make it so you can return them? I know my friend bought them here."
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

HalfHuman: Our return policy is we can do a return without a receipt, but you're getting whatever it shows up at in the computer. Seeing as it showed up as a penny, the most we could return it for would be a penny. No matter that she claimed they were expensive items. And D was just suggesting the garage sale as a way to recoup her money.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X