This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must. Bite. Tongue.

This morning I found an email from one of our resellers in South Africa (identifying info was changed to protect, well...me ):
    To: me@mycompany.com
    Subject: No Downloads for [Product Name] Available at this Time
    Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:28:33 +0200
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11

Hi,
    is there any reason why the subject is stated on all the products download pages?
    where can one download [Product name]?

regards,
    Anon
    anon@anon.com
    product support manager

At first I was "huh?" Then I read the subject again. Yup. Mr. Anon, the product support manager at at one of our resellers, was able to copy and paste the words "No Downloads for [Product Name] Available at this Time" into an email subject line without actually comprehending the meaning of those very words.

The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Refer him to the Department of Redundancy Department.

You will, of course, show the utmost restraint and not reply to him in a brutally sarcastic manner, won't you, Dips? Maybe his coffee hadn't kicked in yet or something.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I second the motion that maybe his coffee hadn't kicked in.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
        You will, of course, show the utmost restraint and not reply to him in a brutally sarcastic manner, won't you, Dips?
        It was really hard composing ANYTHING that wouldn't sound sarcastic, even if I wasn't trying to be. I finally settled on a quick restatement of the obvious, couched as an apology, followed by an immediate change of subject to Ordering 101, on the assumption they still want to buy it:
        Good morning,

I apologize that [Product] is not available by download. If you would like to order it, please contact <sales@mycompany.com>. Prices (in US dollars) can be found at http://www.mycompanywebsite.com/prices.asp . Please give us a shipping address if you would like a quotation for shipping.

Best regards,

Me
        email: me@mycompany.com

The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X