This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy of Cel Phones

I don't know how many of you have had something like this happen but I *despise* it when there's a problem with a customer's account and they have to call *someone else on the account* to discuss it with them.

Okay, that's not the part I despise... the part I despise is when they thrust their cel phone into my hand and tell me to talk to *whoever* about the problem. THEN I have a cel phone and one person talking in one ear while the person who forced their phone on me is still yapping away in the other.

Yes, it happened tonight.
    This is NOT the first time I've had a run in with this... pardon my language... bitch.

The funny part about it was is the woman at the counter was telling me ONE story and the guy on the phone was telling me a DIFFERENT story.

Her: "We don't have *movie #1* at home!"
    Him: "I have *movie #1* in my hand!"
    Her: "We NEVER bought *movie #2* we don't have it at all!"
    Him: "I bought *movie #2* and have it here also."

Of course, they were BOTH screaming at me.

People were staring.

My CSR's were in shock at the viciousness of the attack.

Wide eyed people, jaws agape.

Now, in reality I didn't need either one of them to tell me what they had bought/rented. It was all on the screen right in front of me. They were simply too stupid to understand this AND to get their stories straight BEFORE they started this double attack.

He was screaming at me that he had bought *movie #1* which SHE had rented. He was screaming at me about how our "data errors" were costing him money and he wasn't paying to buy *movie #1* again. I could not get it through his thick, neandrathal skull that he did NOT pay to buy it.

At the same time she's screaming at me about how they don't even HAVE it.

Me: "Huh, really? He says he has it in his hand."
    Her: "WE DON'T HAVE IT!"

Him: "YOUR DATA ERRORS...BLAH, BLAH.."

I blew. I admit it.

Me to him: "This IS NOT a data error! You RENTED that movie then you DID NOT return it. NOW you have to pay for it or return it!"

I slammed her cel on the counter and said, "YOU talk to him- I'm done."
    Then I called the SM (who was in the back) and said, "I need you up here NOW!"

And then... I simply turned my back on her and walked off.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 08-19-2006, 06:19 AM.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

BRAVO!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Gah...I get this all the time. Sucks.

I'm hoping that your SM smacked those 2 down but good.

Comment

Poor NightAngel... :comforting pats: there, there

Now, where's the salmon?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

ARGH! That annoys the crap out of me. My ex-husband used to do that to me. He'd have me call someone or some company about something and while I am on the phone he is standing in front of me instructing me on what to say and going on and on...finally, one day, I just shoved the phone at him and told him to talk to them.

Now, here at work, my boss does the same thing. I am sitting on the phone talking to someone while she is talking in my other ear....not good!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth heathermv View Post
            Now, here at work, my boss does the same thing. I am sitting on the phone talking to someone while she is talking in my other ear....not good!
            I've had that happen. When I finally realize it's a pattern, I just pass the phone to whomever is giving me instructions and walk away.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I think you should make a rule for yourself now, no more talking on customer's cell phones. Just tell them, "nuh uh, no way," say it's store policy or something.

Or, you know, you could just start sneezing and coughing, keep something goopy and wet behind the counter so you can dip your fingers in it, then handle the phone
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I hate it when I tell someone (usually the wife) something they don't want to hear and they have to call their spouse on the phone right in front of me. Then when they tell the person on the other line just what I told him/her the person on the phone has to speak to me. Its like someone else talking to me is going to miracuoulsy change my mind. I fell your pain NightAngel, I really do.
                Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Urgh. NightAngel, that sucks! And as the customer who usually gets stuck standing in line behind these idiots, who waste MY time as well as yours and everyone else's, let me just say this about your action . . .

Comment

Gah. I feel your pain. It happens to me too. My all time favorite was at Budget, when someone's debit card would decline for the security deposit. Then they would get all self-righteous, call their bank's "24-hour line", get some poor tired operator who would confirm that yes, they had $x in their account. No sooner would they hear that then they would push the phone at me and say, "She says I have $x! So now you have to rent me the car!" No, your card has to not decline for you to rent the car. If you'd let this poor girl finish her sentence, she would say that the available balance was only $x-y dollars, which isn't enough to rent a car with. Thanks for playing.

Even if the bank could confirm that they had enough, we had to put the deposit through our merchant services or no dice, but it never stopped these asshats from trying. Eventually our manager made up this bs policy (which I loved) that we were not allowed to talk on customers' cell phones due to "possible health and safety concerns."
                    Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

In the end I have no idea what the SM said to them. I decided I just didn't care enough to ask.

Last night though I was working and a co- worker asked me about the incident (we all love to hear eachother's stories, LOL). So, I tell her about it and this guy comes up to the counter to check out.

I scan his card and it's the same account.

I have no idea if the guy realized that I was talking about his family or not... if he did I'm sure I'll find out soon.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                      X