This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice, but not too smart

This customer was very nice, just a bit stupid. She payed for her groceries and I gave her her receipt. Thanked her by last name. Then she wanted to break a 20 into 5's. So I open my drawer and give her her 5's.

Lady: Can I get my receipt?

Me;I am sorry, I already gave it to you Mrs. Stone.

Lady: No you didn't. All you gave me was my change.

(THinking, how in the hell do I know your last name than? ALso, I watcher her shove it into here colorful giant ABC purse, Louis Vatton I think.) Well, I can print up a duplicate receipt for you.

Her: Ok, that would be great, but what did you do to my original receipt?

Me; I'm pretty sure it's in your purse.

Her: YOU PUT IT IN MY PURSE?

Me; No, you did.

Her: No I didn't

ME: OK, but the duplicate will be just the same if you needed for a return or for your records. Would you like help out?

Her: NO, I don't want anyone to get into my Louis

Me' UM ok have a nice night.

Her You too. Thanks.

I mean she wasn't rude, but just an idiot. And she has 3 kids. Hopefully those bulbs burn brighter than their manufacturer

What's a nice way of saying, "Yes, I DID give you your reciept, and you put it in your purse. Hell, I'll bet you $20 that it's in there."?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth groceryslave View Post
      ....And she has 3 kids....
      Jeebus! Until that point, I was picturing a doddering old lady!
      Meow.........

Comment

I've had customers pay with cash who thought that they didn't get their receipt. I've suggested checking the cash since I usually put the receipt with the cash and hand it to the customer (along with the coupons if any printed out).
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
          Jeebus! Until that point, I was picturing a doddering old lady!
          LOL, so was I!
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I had one of these on the phone today. Guy calls to see if we had any car adaptors for MP3 players. I didn't think we did, so I went to check. Sure enough, we don't. Get back on the phone and tell him. And here's his next question, "Where in the phone book would I look up Circuit City?" Before I could stop it, "What?!" came out of my mouth. He repeated the question. I'm just hoping he meant in the yellow pages, because it's alphabetical in the business pages. So I told him, "Look in the business pages under C." The way he replied "Oh" sounded like it hadn't occurred to him. At least he was nice, just a little dim.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
            X