X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receipts are a lack of trust!

From my supervisor:
    She was serving a customer, and as usual tried to give him his receipt.
    He didn't want the receipt.
    "Oh right" she goes, trying to sound polite although she really isn't interested.
    "No, because they display a lack of trust."

Damn right we don't trust you. If people stopped attempting to scam shops, maybe we'd trust you more.

I mean- DUDE. EVERYWHERE gives receipts. Get over yourself.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

No, Sir. Considering the fact that I don't know you from Duke Ellington, I don't particularly trust you.

Besides, there are other uses for receipts... Like... you know... having a record of your transatction for future reference? It sometimes comes in handy to know how much you spent on something.

Won't it be great if later he tries to return something....
    You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Comment

Except I'm 98% certain he'd get his way.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

A story from a few years back and my time at First Retail Job. Like most places, we pretty much automatically gave every customer a receipt whether they spent $1 or $100. Had this customer once who said "Oh, I don't need that". Manager who was standing next to me said "Okay, just don't try to return it", but the customer didn't hear as he'd already scooted off by then.

I just thought of another customer at First Retail Job. When I asked him if he would like a plastic bag, he joked that he had better get one so that he wasn't accused of shoplifting (fairly sucky joke, yes, but he was a nice customer). I joked "Don't worry, I won't stop you - besides, you have a receipt". He said "You might not stop me, but for all I know there'll be a big burly security guard at the door!" (There wasn't, by the way).

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
          He said "You might not stop me, but for all I know there'll be a big burly security guard at the door!" (There wasn't, by the way).
          We have over enthusiastic door greeters, and I swear to God, if you beep, or if you don't have anything bagged (or you're receipt ready) they will take you down! I have seen one of them chase down and tackle a kid, it was amusing. And remember, I may work at Wally world, but I live in a very high end town. These aren't trailer trash people, these are rich old people working for fun...and probably the sport :P.
          "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
            We have over enthusiastic door greeters, and I swear to God, if you beep, or if you don't have anything bagged (or you're receipt ready) they will take you down! I have seen one of them chase down and tackle a kid, it was amusing. And remember, I may work at Wally world, but I live in a very high end town. These aren't trailer trash people, these are rich old people working for fun...and probably the sport :P.
            Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 3:
            Wally-world.
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

I've always maintained that stealing from Wally World is better karma than giving the Evil Empire money...but I avoid it altogether, personally. I would, however, love to see the little old greeters tackle a shoplifter.
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post

Don't laugh at that. Some of the worst Kleptonmaniacs I've ever come across are either crack addicts or RICH. When my brother went to a high prosh high school/college for a year, where all the kids are high off the hog, they had the worst crime rates for stealing in the entire county. One kid was found to have 50, yes FIFTY!, 3000-5000$ laptops that were required by the school hidden in his room, stolen from his peers. Why? Because he was BORED.

When I was working at Wannabe Goth Land, we looked out for the homeless, the drunk, the high... and the rich white kids. My gods how many of those spoilt brats we had to block in to the store and call their mommies and daddies (had the choice of their parents or the police... always chose their parents) to pick their sorry buts up because we found them trying to leave with a skirt or figurine tucked in thier bag... disgusting.

Comment

I have people watch me intently as I take their money for a prepay for gas. Seriously they won't leave the counter till they see me open the register, put the cash in, and then close it as if I'm gonna steal the money right then and there and not prepay their fuel.

Talk about a "lack of trust"

You ever wish someone to have a good day or something and they come back to the counter and say "What did you say to me!?" like I just called them fat or something.

Comment

There are some occasions where a receipt is just plain silly...
                    “I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this.
                    I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here.."
                    ~The much missed Mitch Hedberg
                    "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Love Mitch!!!
                      But i can think of another.
                      If i remember his name ill edit and add later.
                      Theres a comedian, a black comedian who has a series of jokes about how once an hour he goes to buy something anything, for a recipet to prove he hasnt commeted a crime and if he cant get a recipet he would get in to an arquement with the clerk or something so he would remember him, again to prove he didnt commit a crime in that hour. oh and he wont litter cause hes going to toss a coke bottle in a bush in central park hit a dead rape victum wiht the bottle and be known from now on as the coca cola rapest.

Comment

Working...
                      X