This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demented Delivery Lady

OK. This lady is INFAMOUS at our restaurant. She doesnt order anymore but a few years back she use to order deliveries all the time.
    The first obnoxious thing she always did was have her 4 year old call in the deliveries. Im serious. Theres no way he was more than 4, maybe even 3. So of course he was hard to understand and half the time he ordered it wrong. One time I even knew it was wrong because I knew their usual order but I read it back to him and he said YES so we shipped it out. Of coure she calls back bitching about the order being wrong. The 2nd time that happened the owner told her she cant have the baby do the ordering anymore. Uggg
    Another time she decided to order her delivery and then go grocery shopping!!! She told me what time to bring it and then when I got there I sat there for literally 30 mins. I was calling my boss asking what to do and I was just about to give up and leave and then here she comes bringing in her groceries. She didnt apologize either and I got no tip. Arggggggggg!!!
    Then another famous incident of hers was when she ordered one burger plain and one cheeseburger with pickles. We made a boo boo and got it switched around and accidently put the pickles on the buger instead of the cheese. Guess what? She calls up screaming and DEMANDS that we bring her new sandwiches. I mean yeah it was our fault but I mean, they are PICKLES! Just take the damn things off the buger and put them on the cheeseburger!? How hard is that!?!?! I had to drive all the way across town becuase shes too dumb to figure that out. She called in complaining about her orders many other times too. Shes one of those people that just tries to get free food.
    Then a year later she moved across town and she ordered her usual delivery. I get to the street and theres no house #s that match. I drive around and around, Im lost. So I call her and she tells me its by the mcdonalds on the otherside of the highway. So eventually I find the building by the landmarks she told me... yeah the address was COMPLETELY wrong. I told her and she laughed and of course no tip! She didnt know her own address!!!!!!!!

Thank god she stopped calling in deliveries cuz I couldnt stand the bitch. Always complaining, never tipping and CONSTANTLY ordering. If you complain that much why would you even keep patronizing the business? She was a leech and Im glad shes gone!!!

Well, I can understand about the pickles thing. I absolutely cannot stand pickles, and certain ones make me physically ill.
    The burger was ordered plain. Even taking the pickles off would still make the burger taste like pickles. She didn't need both sandwiches replaced, imo.

And about her complaining, but constantly ordering...
    She's probably the type that is never satisfied with anything so it doesn't matter where she orders from.

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
      Well, I can understand about the pickles thing. I absolutely cannot stand pickles
      I am the same way.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Some people are very picky about food. When it comes to certain foods that people dislike, even taking it off the food and still leave the person tasting it in there mouth.

I love pickles, hate onions though. Can taste them on anything and can even taste them after being taken off, but I'll still eat it, not like its going to kill me (especially if its delivered).

Sucky lady. Needs some manners.
        Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

OK, if y'all screwed up her food, it's reasonable to request new food...

But if she screws over the driver each and every time, it's unreasonable to expect any of her food to be delivered. If I was your manager I would add a 10% delivery tip to each order, plus a 5% asshole tip.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth Fawn View Post
            Some people are very picky about food. When it comes to certain foods that people dislike, even taking it off the food and still leave the person tasting it in there mouth.

I love pickles, hate onions though. Can taste them on anything and can even taste them after being taken off, but I'll still eat it, not like its going to kill me (especially if its delivered).

Sucky lady. Needs some manners.
            You can take the pickles off, but the juice will soak in and that's why we can still taste it on the food.

And no, I don't care for pickles. But I'm not going to be sucky over it.

I'll make a deal with you . . . you can have the pickles and I'll take the onions. I love onions.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

based on the headaches she caused alone, your restaurant should have refused to serve her.

bad orders, allowing the kid to order (W T F??), not being available for a delivery, other stupidity on her part, ad nauseum.

the loss of cash and time was greater than any payment made on food; it was way past the time to fire her as a customer.

especially for stiffing the driver, that damned hag.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth katiegoo View Post
                Another time she decided to order her delivery and then go grocery shopping!!! She told me what time to bring it and then when I got there I sat there for literally 30 mins.
                Then a year later she moved across town and she ordered her usual delivery. I get to the street and theres no house #s that match....She didnt know her own address!!!!!!!!
                You are way nicer and more patient than I am. If I knocked and she wasn't home, and it was the correct time she wanted her food delivered, I would have waited 2 or 3 minutes, tops.
                And if she couldn't even give you a correct address, then she didn't deserve to get her order at all.

Of course, if she was a nice customer, or a good tipper, then it would be a different story.

Comment

I used to work at a well-known pizza restaurant. A lot of parents thought it would be "cute" to let their little one try and order. One time I could hear the parents just howling in the background while a 2-3 year old just said "pizza" over and over again into the phone - like it was some big joke to them. I ended hanging up on them because it was hella busy and after asking several times if they wanted to order (I was hoping one of the parents could hear me in the background).

Another one is when non-english speaking people will get their english speaking children on the phone. Some kids are great at it and are very clear and, even when they do have to ask the parent if they want this or that, I still didn't mind (although it did take a bit of time to "relay" the call. And some kids are just really bad and mess up the order anyways ....
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Oh, man, it's bad enough when they let Little Johnny answer the phone when they really aren't old enough to be talking to strangers on the phone, but to have them actually call a business and order something?!

I so would not have waited half an hour. If she wasn't home in 5 minutes, I'd be gone.

Oh, and I'll take the pickles...I love pickles
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

maybe she hoped you would have just left the food and she wouldnt have to pay?

Comment

I'm definitely with the can't stand pickles crowd. I loathe pickles. For me, they ruin a burger.

Then again, I would've tipped the first time, asked for a replacement without pickles, and moved the pickles to the burger that was supposed to have them.

I'd even probably tip the driver a second time (small amount, maybe $1, it's not their fault, then again, it wasn't mine, either) for their effort. Frankly, the kitchen should tip the driver for having to go out to fix an error on their part.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Well, I can understand about the pickles thing. I absolutely cannot stand pickles, and certain ones make me physically ill.
                          The burger was ordered plain. Even taking the pickles off would still make the burger taste like pickles. She didn't need both sandwiches replaced, imo.

And about her complaining, but constantly ordering...
                          She's probably the type that is never satisfied with anything so it doesn't matter where she orders from.
                          I'll second (or third) that:
                          I have a friend who is deathly allergic to vinegar. He stopped eating from fast food places because their usual solution to an order for "no pickle" was to simply take the pickles off an existing burger.

My brother once bet him that he could get a satisfactory burger from McDonalds. Bro then went up to the register and immediately asked for the manaer, told the manager, "I'll understand entirely if you can't do this, and we will go elsewhere, but my friend would like a burger and he is VERY allergic to vinegar. As in, if there has ever been pickles, ketsup, or mustard in contact with his burger, he may well stop breathing and drop dead in your dining room. So we need a burger and a bun that have never even been set on a counter that had ketsup, mustard, or pickles on them."
                          The manager's response? "I'll cook it myself."

So, while she seems like a generally sucky customer, flipping out over pickles on the no-pickle burger might be justified.

================================
                          When I worked pizza delivery, we had a similar SC: she would order something very weird, like a pizza that was only cooked for 2 minutes. The owner would get on the phone with her, and try to persuade her that a pizza cooked for 2 minutes is not a pizza that anybody would want to eat, but she insisted that was what she wanted. Right up until she actually got it, and then she insisted that WE had done something wrong, and that her undercooked pizza looked like "cat food" (which hamburger that has only been exposed to a little heat, rather than cooked, does kinda look like).
                          We sent a driver who shared a native tongue out to her. He returned saying that he would never go there again, and that she was "crazy". Now, this guy had never before refused a delivery: he even kept delivering to the guy who'd mistaken him for a VC coming to get him (apparently having a bad flashback while waiting for a pizza he forgot he ordered).
                          Eventually we found out that we had "inherited" that customer from another store in the same chain: they had finally told her that she was outside their delivery area, and she should call us. (She was, but they were always poaching customers in that neighborhood.)

Comment

I'm that way with peperchini's (sp those little peppers that Quizno's used to wrap up in all their sandwiches. The smell of the things nauseates me, and the juice always soaked into the bread. I'm glad they stopped doing that and chose to let people get them on their own if they want.

One day, I'll own my own business, and be able to tell people like this exactly where to go...

Eric the Grey
                            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                            X