This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really sucky, more strange

This happened I believe sometime during the late summer. I was taking this guy out to his car, and somehow he got to talking about computer hackers, and how they use their programming to hack into the Pentagon.

SC: Guy
    Me: Yo.

SC: I bet you do that kinda stuff, huh? *He then extends his fist so that I can bump it back*

I forget completely what he all else he said, but I remember at the end, he said,

SC: Tell that girl in their (the checker that checked him out) that I want to ask her out for coffee.

Keep in mind that this guy is probably in his thirties or forties, while the checker is onl 19.

Funkin' whackos, man.
    DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
    Nicholas Angel: Like who?
    DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
    Nicholas Angel: Who else?
    DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Quoth Eddie The 'Ead View Post
    I forget completely what he all else he said, but I remember at the end, he said,

SC: Tell that girl in their (the checker that checked him out) that I want to ask her out for coffee.

Keep in mind that this guy is probably in his thirties or forties, while the checker is onl 19.

Funkin' whackos, man.
    I'm a 21 year old girl. I'm almost never asked out by anyone my age. It's nearly always someone who is at least 20 years older than I am, and this happens at least once a week. Your checker is not alone...and wow, there must be a whole lot of men going through their mid-life crisis where I live, now that I think about it.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

I was 17 when I got together with my partner. He was 30 at the time. (and in case you are wondering, I'm in the UK. 16 is legal.)
      still working now, and I'm 22. Just saying, a large age gap is not a valid enough reason to discount someone.

But I find being asked out at work really creepy full stop. Adn people going on random, inappropriate 'conversations' is a bit odd as well.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Tell her yourself. Or ask her yourself.

Sackless piece of petrified oxen dung.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
          I was 17 when I got together with my partner. He was 30 at the time. (and in case you are wondering, I'm in the UK. 16 is legal.)
          still working now, and I'm 22. Just saying, a large age gap is not a valid enough reason to discount someone.

My ex is 14 years older than I am. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an age gap.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
            I'm a 21 year old girl. I'm almost never asked out by anyone my age. It's nearly always someone who is at least 20 years older than I am, and this happens at least once a week.
            I dealt with that when I was in my teens and early twenties, too. Creeps are everywhere.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I will be celebrating my 10th Anniversary soon. I was 30, and my wife was 18 when we met and married. (not arranged, just whirlwind)

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                My ex is 14 years older than I am. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an age gap.
                QFT Seconded, my boyfriend of 2 years is 18 years older than me.

Comment

Age really starts to matter less once you're older. Oldest girl I dated was 3 years older than me (Yeah yeah, not much compared to some of you guys), and the youngest being 2 years.
                  Last edited by ArenaBoy; 12-23-2007, 07:18 AM.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Age ain't nuthin' but a number.

I've been on both sides; dated a woman 10 years younger than me (that was fun! Talking about stuff that happened when she wasn't born yet); and then 15 years older than me.

There was no problem with the age difference. I still don't see a problem with it.
                    Would I date a woman that was 18 or 21 years old now? Perhaps. It would depend upon her, her maturity level.

"But Knightmare," you ask. "You have a daughter. Will you say the same thing when she's old enough to date?"

Yes, and no. First of all, I won't let her date until she is 30.
                    Secondly, the date has to pass the scrutiny of me and her big (and I mean BIG) brother. They guy doesn't stand a chance.
                    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

My ex, Jackass- i mean Eric, was 3 years older than me.... I now have a defenant set of age rules, for the creepy and the heart ache factor.
                      No more than 4 years younger and 5 years older and if you are more than 3 years older im scretinuizing evverythign you say.

Comment

Working...
                      X