Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to you for standing your ground at the last minute.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth McSlave View Post
      my Sunday day shifter did get 2 ppl who wanted 6 foot subs done in 20 minutes and didn't understand why we needed 24 hours notice. (for you non Subway folks the dough has to be thawed then four pieces braided in 1.5 foot sections and then you have to let it rise for like an hour or so then bake it and assemble it all )
      I did get a couple of those yesterday too. I even got one who wanted to pick up a party sub at 9am the day after Christmas. I had to tell them that there was no way we would have time to get the bread ready by 9am and we couldn't do it on Christmas because we were closed. They were kindof pissy about. In fact a good majority of the customers we get in on Christmas Eve could fall under the sucky category. A lot of them were out-of-towners who had entitlement issues. "What do you mean you don't have pizza, what do you mean you don't have swiss cheese, what do you mean you don't have yellow mustard?" Just because your hometown Subway has an item, does not mean we have it! GET A LIFE!

Comment

On Christmas Eve Day, we were opening to the public at 10 a.m., as usual.

But employees arrive at 9 a.m. because we have to take the previous day's deposit to the bank, plus open the register system, count the tills, etc., etc.

A man was waiting in his parked car right in front of the store at 9 a.m. He watched two of us enter the store, then got out of his car and peered intensely through the glass doors, which bear decals at eye level clearly stating our hours ("Open at 10 a.m.")

We walked back out the doors at 9:03 to drive to the bank, and he went ballistic.

"WHAT THE HELL - ARE YOU OPEN OR NOT??!!" he barked.

The shock of his rudeness led me to intone sternly, "Sir <ironic usage>, we open at 10 a.m." as I indicated the decal on the door.

"OH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!" he yelled, and then pounded the hood of his car in frustration.

We have never before seen this type of behavior in our upscale "destination shops" (same as the old 1950s-60s outdoor shopping center, but I digress) so we just hightailed it to the bank and hoped he we would be gone when we got back.

Nope.

He had to get a Christmas gift for his 90-year-old mother RIGHT NOW! Hey dude, notice how the Xmas shopping season started right around freaking HALLOWEEN?? 60+ days not enough for you??

Then he was pissed because we only offer gift BOXES, not gift WRAPPING.

That's how 12/24 started. It went downhill from there. It was CS NATION all day long. Was it because of the full moon??

Tomorrow: RETURNS.

Pray for me, and I will for you,

R.A.

Comment

Quoth SubwayGirl View Post
          what do you mean you don't have yellow mustard?"
          ...They make mustard that *isn't* yellow? Is this like purple ketchup?
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            ...They make mustard that *isn't* yellow? Is this like purple ketchup?
            I think they mean the bright yellow French's mustard, as opposed to the brownish mustard, like deli mustard.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I think they mean the bright yellow French's mustard, as opposed to the brownish mustard, like deli mustard.
              See, that stuff still looks yellow to me, though a different shade. I guess that could be it from the "SC point of view" though. "It's not the SAME! It's not RIGHT!" and all that junk. Not a fan of the stuff anyway
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                Man... One of these days, someone's gonna set up a national database of A-Holes and get people banned from using the phone.
                Hey Crazeyal, you could be onto something there - the other do not call list!

Not really a Christmas thing, but I once worked at a store that closed at 2pm on Saturdays - had a customer who came just a moment after we closed the doors. I said to him, "I'm sorry, we have closed, we close at 2pm on Saturdays". Him: "You must be joking". Me: "Actually, no, we do close at 2pm on Saturdays!"

I was passing through the city centre today (Boxing Day/26th December) and the crowds of people I saw who had obviously come in for the post-Christmas sales! I mean, come on people, you've just been shopping for the past 1 or 2 or 3 weeks, you have Christmas Day and then you need to go shopping again! Hmmmm.....

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
                  I was passing through the city centre today (Boxing Day/26th December) and the crowds of people I saw who had obviously come in for the post-Christmas sales! I mean, come on people, you've just been shopping for the past 1 or 2 or 3 weeks, you have Christmas Day and then you need to go shopping again! Hmmmm.....
                  When I was a kid that's when Mom went shopping for my Christmas presents. I spent the holiday with my dad and we celebrated later, anyway. I didn't mind getting presents later because she could buy more, thanks to the sales.
                  I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

good job. If anyone ever told me that I should go in on a day off, ecspecially a holiday I'd tell them they can go screw themselves they should've planned ahead. I applaud you and your decision.
                    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

he said platter thats about 4 foot longs cut in to 3 inch slces oh and hahahaha yeah no not staying opne for you

Comment

Working...
                      X