This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was... strange

Okay, what a freaking slow Boxing Day! Bizarre, first off.
    Second off, one of my coworkers (also a cashier) was snippy because she had a ten hour shift somehow, which is more than the MODs do, most of the time.

That's not how a coupon works, Sir.

Okay, random guy walks up to my register, wants to return this for that (one is hard, the other soft, get out of the gutter). K, no problem, plus, he wants to buy another. I ring up the return, take the coupon off that is showing on his receipt, ring up the new ones, take off the coupon that is running through the end of the week, and give him his total. He pays, no problem.
    Then he starts to get agitated. I forget precisely how it happened, but suddenly, he's claiming that one of the ones he exchanged for should've had the coupon on it as well.
    What? Why?
    Because it's the same thing.
    No, if it were the same thing, why'd you need to exchange it?
    He used the coupon that was only good on Monday, on Monday, got his 50% off, no biggie, apparently opened this thing and found out it was too hard. So he wanted to exchange it for a soft version (I think it was a clay or putty, I'm not sure.) And wanted to buy another. So, I scan the exchange and the new one he's buying, and the coupon that's good today, and he pays, and gets belligerent suddenly... So, I call over an MOD, who understands what I'm saying, and what the guy's saying, and decides to go get the guy another coupon. And then I sell the guy his second one at half price, and he balks more, saying he's already paid for it.
    So I call over FES M, and she tries to figure it out.
    Of course, both of us are trying to explain to her what happened, and she just didn't get it. M eventually got the return part done, the guy decided it was a wash, asked for a receipt. M realizes she has a return receipt for him, gives it to him, and the guy finally leaves, at which point M says my drawer may be wrong. Well, crap.

He did no such thing for ME
    So, some other customer I helped today started asking me questions about my name tag, and if Juwl is really my name?
    As far as you know, yes.
    Well, what's your real name then?
    You don't need to know it. Hell, I don't even respond to it beyond moving you onto my HATE list.
    And then she started going on about how she has a son with a similar nickname, and how he has grown to a point that his nickname doesn't suit him any longer. Great, you old hag.
    Soon as I finished ringing her out, she stands upright, looks me in the eyes as best she can (a sign of aggression in the animal kingdom, I should note) and spews, "And remember, Jesus died for your sins."
    Whereupon I am so shocked as to be unable to speak. Religion is not something I (or most of us here) like having thrust in our face, particularly in a place where we can't chew the person out.

Said coworker above who was working the long shift said, as soon as the woman walked away that I'd looked lost in the headlights, and figured I was too nice to say anything.
    "I call murder on that!"

Quoth Juwl View Post
    (one is hard, the other soft, get out of the gutter)
    but it's so comfortable here! *whine*

yeah, that woman who shoved religion in your face was a little out of bounds, i must say. I believe that everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but not to the point where they're pushing it up your nose every 5 seconds.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

What was particularly odd about that was she had shown no signs of being about to try to redeem me. It hit me out of the blue.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've been playing too much Witch Hunter (role playing game, fun if you enjoy such things) because my 2nd thought was 'But I'm Calvinist & pre-destined for Heaven, regardless.'

*disclaimer: no, I'm not actually, and I'm not trying to defame any modern Calvinists
        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
        X