Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparentley I am a worthless moron..(language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparentley I am a worthless moron..(language)

Like many supermarkets my store has a bank in it. The bank is totally separate from the store infrastructure, with the exception of free electricity. Sometimes we will get phone call to the store phone number asking for the bank, usually customers are civil when we explain that the bank is not owned by the supermarket and is totally separate. Besides, when they call us they get the auto-attendant which clearly states the supermarket name, and lists depts. (press 1 for X, press 2 for Y, etc). Therefore we are under no obligation to know their hours, rates or phone number.

Today I got this gem:
    Me: good evening <supermarket name> <dept name>. How may I help you?
    SC: Hi. Um. Yeah, i wanted to call <bank name> but somehow got <supermarket name>. Can you transfer me?
    Me: I'm sorry I can not transfer you, as they are a separate entity who rents space from us. *note: it was completely dead, being the day after Christmas, i was willing to walk to the bank and get their phone # and tell SC.* If you want to hold I can get the phon........
    SC: You are the biggest piece of shit, worthless moron. My dog is smarter than you shit. I want to talk with your manager right now!!!!!!!!!!!! Your manager!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me: Please hold.
    SC: F*** you. *CLICK*

Not 30 seconds later, i get another phone call.

Me: good evening <supermarket name> <dept name>. How may I help you?
    SC: *in the nicest tone possible* Yes, I called earlier and the person who answered was very rude and refused to help me. I asked a simple question if they could transfer me to the bank. I asked to speak with a manager and they hung up. I hope you will do something about that employee.
    Me: I am not a manager. I was the person who answered the previous call in question. I will transfer you to the General Manager now.
    SC: *click*

The SC never called back. It is best to make sure you are talking to the right person before you begin to tell us your story.

It's also annoying when the ATM swallows their card and they bitch and moan like it's our fault. Call the bank or tell someone there, I can't do anything about it and neither can 99% of the people in the store!

PS, do you work for a certain supermarket that has 2/3rd's of a traffic light in their logo? If so, I feel your pain.

Comment

LOL! We have an ATM for one of the local banks in our store, and it breaks down half the time. I've had people ask me to get the money out for them as if I have access to the cash inside. I even had one idiot ask if I could take cash from the drawer so they could have their cash right away, and repay the store from the ATM later. It's just this simple, the bank rents the space from the store, so I refuse to touch the ATM for any reason. I don't have an account with that bank, so there is no valid reason for me to mess with it. It seems I'm constantly telling customers that all problems should be reported to the bank, and all other questions and concerns about that ATM should also be directed to the bank. It's just astonishing how many people think it's ours when it's clearly labelled with the bank's signage.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Wow. :/ If there's any people working under that guy I feel really sorry for them.

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

We had an SC that was similar to that. They ranted, raved, swore and shouted at my ex-manager. They then got the bar phone number off their receipt and rung up about two seconds later. They must have thought they were put through to a head office or something.

SC: Yes, I was just speaking to one of your staff, and she was very very rude to us!
          Manager: And you're still talking to her! *click!*

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
            It's also annoying when the ATM swallows their card and they bitch and moan like it's our fault. Call the bank or tell someone there, I can't do anything about it and neither can 99% of the people in the store!

PS, do you work for a certain supermarket that has 2/3rd's of a traffic light in their logo? If so, I feel your pain.
            Unless their is another chain I am not aware of, you got the idea. I really shouldn't be able to recreate the "logo" in less than 30 seconds using MS Word.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

SC: Yes, I was just speaking to one of your staff, and she was very very rude to us!
              Manager: And you're still talking to her! *click!*

ironic.

Comment

It always amazes me how the people who just go nuts call back and claim that the staff was rude.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                X