This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell of a buyer's remorse!

Had a lady in tonight, who had a cart absolutely filled with stuff. Most of it was wrapping paper, but that's beside the point. The moment she actually got to my register, she started handing me things while asking the prices on them, and if they're on sale.
    *sigh, start scanning* Now, our system, when you do a price check, will only tell you what the price currently is, not if it's on sale, or the regular price. None of that. So, I have taken to doing 'price checks' in the sale, and they can be voided off the transaction much faster, and it shows whether the item's on sale that way. So, we go through most of her basket, constantly checking if it's on sale, and she passes up a few items. Buys one of the rolls of wrapping paper, along with her various other items. Uses a credit card. Oh... Kay... Then, she wants to do a second purchase for the rest of the wrapping paper. Oh, and can she take a few more bags for those mugs I wrapped in paper? Uh, sure. I start scanning the paper, and she uses the same card to pay for those. What the hell? Why'd you need two sales? And she puts the wrapping paper in her cart, and, just as she's about to walk away, she turns to me and says, "And I need one of those big bags behind you."
    Okay, it won't hold your paper very well, but you can have it.

That's not the aggravating part yet.

About ten minutes later, she comes back in, through my line again, I see her and go, 'Oh, Hell, what'd I do wrong?'
    She has a bag in her hand, she plops it down in front of me once she gets to me again, and says she wants to return all this and get two of the things she asked me to take from her. And, of course, the entire time, she's trying to tell me the best order to do the return in, and that wasn't the price, damnit, and this, and that, and I just want her to stop talking!
    Oddly enough, my hands never went for her throat...
    "I call murder on that!"

I would have sent her to customer service to do a return.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
    What does it mean?
    I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Comment

I'm thinking this was probably some sort of scam attempt. I think she was trying to get you all mixed up and have you return the items for more than what she paid so she could get those other items "free."

Of course, if that's the case, she's being dumb about it. She should have at least gone to a different employee instead of the person who just rang all her stuff up.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth raideo View Post
        I would have sent her to customer service to do a return.
        We don't have customer service. Every cashier has the ability to do a return, with a key provided by a managerial type person.

And, if she WAS trying to confuse me, it didn't work, I only play blonde and ditzy. I love the hell out of math puzzles, and cryptograms, and stuff. My mind is usually pretty swift at figuring stuff out, unless the customer is being deliberately obtuse, like the lady who told me she didn't want this, with one thing in her hand, but did want this, and handed me everything that was in her cart. "So, you don't want this? But you do want this?"
        "No."
        WTH? Kill switch engaged!
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
        X