Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains, it definitely pours....

Is it just me, or do a lot you have have days just filled with issues and SC's that give you a headache. Not talking our normal one incident, I'm talking like 10!

I had not one, two, three, or even four people do this to me today, but FIVE! They come in to ask the rate, and after I give it to them, instead of saying "Okay, thank you for your time", or "Do you have any discounts?", I instead got, "SHIT!" twice, "FUCK!" once, "NO" once, and a "HELL NO!". Its good to see manners are still present in this country.

I had this old guy bother me all day because he couldn't download his email while his laptop was hooked up to our internet connection. I told him, about eleventy times, to call the 1-800 toll free support line. Yet, he still keeps bugging me. He has said, more than once, "The connection speed is only 10mbps, its too slow". Okay old guy, whatever you say. I think you should need a license to access the internet, what do you think?

I checked in at least 20 families today that asked about the pool, letting me know that they want to use the pool. Pool is supposed to be closed at 10pm, and guess what, all these morons decided to go into the pool 5 MINUTES BEFORE IT WAS SET TO CLOSE! Most have been here since 5pm, and they pick the absolute last minute to use the pool. Of course, I am the asshole when I tell them to get out so I can close the pool. "But I paid for a room", good excuse, keep repeating that to yourself in your room.

There is a man and his two sons staying here that I want to beat with a stick. The man is an idiot, plain and simple. I saw one of the sons (both are teenagers), go outside to smoke! I asked him how old he was when he came in, he said 16. I ratted him out to his father, who didn't care of course. "As long as he doesn't smoke around me, I don't care" he said. I asked him how he was buying the cigs, he didn't even hesitate "I get them for him". If I wasn't 5'5" and overweight, I'd roundhouse kick you in the face Chuck Norris style. But I mentioned two sons. The other idiot thinks I took his iPod. The room they originally checked into had a broken TV, so I moved them to another room. An hour after moving, the kid notices he is iPodless. I take him to the original room and let him look around, he finds nothing. He then comes up to the front desk and asks me "Did you find my iPod?", I tell him no, he then says "You sure?", I tell him I am sure. He stands there, giving me this "I know you took my iPod" look, and then walks off. He walked by me at least 5 times more, giving me the evil eye. Trust me "son", if I find that iPod, its mine now, asshat.

Four different families tried lying to me about how many people are in the room. Why lie when it wont affect the rate? If its 2 adults and 2 children, let me know, it helps if I know how many people are in the hotel when I do a tally. Do you believe that I am retarded, that if you say 2 adults only, and then walk in with your 2 children, I won't notice? Better hope they don't get kidnapped, "sorry officer, I didn't see any kids, besides, they said its only 2 adults in the room, no children" (okay, that was bad, I do not wish for kids to be kidnapped)

Its finally quiet now. Seems like people are settling down, hopefully, no more stupidity, or that roundhouse kick might become a new move of mine.

I think you should need a license to access the internet, what do you think?
    Haha, my parents have a friend who is a walking argument for needing a license to own a computer...

"But I paid for a room",
    Then why aren't you in it?

Seems like people are settling down, hopefully, no more stupidity, or that roundhouse kick might become a new move of mine.
    Perhaps you should use this quiet time to practice...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

For as bad an illegal as it is my mom would give me cigarettes when I was like 16/17.
      Letting a child smoke does not equate to bad parenting.
      My mother's reasoning has always been, "I started smoking when I was 12 and I'm not going to be a hypocrite by telling you not to. You're smart enough to make your own choices."

Comment

When it rains, it definitely pours .................YES!!

We have been much, much busier in this week AFTER Xmas than before Xmas!

They all want their returns, AND their discounts, AND their special catalog orders, plus they might be visiting from elsewhere, so they want their purchases shipped to their WINTER HOME ADDRESSES.

Unless their local relatives will recieve and forward their orders FOR them, which necessitates yet ANOTHER address.

Whatever you people wish. Just spell it out for me.

Thanks,

R.A.

Comment

Indeed. I think it was National Rudeness Day today. Between the woman throwing a hissy at the guest service desk, the woman arguing endlessly with the asst. manager that "YES YOU DID HAVE 3 DOLLAR DVDS and I was overcharged and I want my money!!", the women who proceeded to dump a ton of stuff they didn't want on a shelf that's very nearly on the floor right in front of me at the register, and the score of people who were checking out 10 and even 15 minutes after close (not to mention after about a million warnings over the loudspeaker that we are going to close in so and so minutes) and not only checking out several minutes after close but giving back HALF of the shit in their cart, and the woman who, after being greeted and asked how she was, pointed to her stuff and grunted, "This", and then grunted when I told her to have a great day.

Comment

Working...
          X