This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderlies Disrespecting Elderlies

At one station I used to work at, I was in the process of leaving from my 2nd shift while my 3rd shift co-worker was checking in...

A little boy came into the store and asked the 3rd shift cashier for a pack of cigarettes while at the same time an old man came inside and went into the men's bathroom.

The 3rd shift cashier who was at the time was 63 years of age replied to the kid "I'm sorry, but you have to be 18 to buy cigarettes."

Boy: "But it isn't for me, it's for my grandpa!"

3rd: "Well, your Grandpa will have to come in and buy his cigarettes himself."

Boy: "Well he's already here, he just went in the bathroom! He gave me this money and asked me to go get it for him."

3rd: "I'm sorry young man, but he can't send little boys like yourself to buy cigarettes for him. It's against the law! So when he comes out of the bathroom, you'll have to tell him he has to buy it himself."

Boy: "Ok!"

So the old man comes out and the little boy tells his Grandpa what happened as he hands the money back to his Grandpa.

The old man comes to the counter looking pretty upset and says, "I understand that you are refusing to let my little grandson buy my cigarettes for me!"

3rd: "Yes sir, that is correct. I cannot sell tobacco to anyone that is under the age of 18. You sir, should know better than to send a minor to my counter when it's against the law for minors to purchase tobacco."

OM: "But he has my permission to buy it for me. I'm his legal guardian! As long he is with me, I don't see what the problem is with that!"

3rd: "Once again sir, it's against the law for minors to purchase tobacco, irregardless whether or not he or she is accompanied by a legal adult guardian. I'm sorry, but I have to follow exactly what the law says."

OM: "Fine, bitch!" and he slams the twenty dollar bill on the counter and barked for his brand of cigarettes.

She goes and retrieves his cigarettes and rings him up. She takes his bill and hands him back his change. The old man then grabs the little boy by his hand and sulks his way out to the door.

Funny how old folks complain that us young whipper snappers do not respect their elders and yet he didn't practice the kind of respect to his own fellow elder that I'm pretty sure he wants practiced to him!

Yiz
    Last edited by yizuman; 12-31-2007, 05:08 AM. Reason: Proof Reading Corrections
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

People like that should know better.

Comment

Working...
    X