Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several years ago at a craft show, I asked one the musicians to play Pachebel's Canon. He said he was surprised to get that request from a guy wearing a Harley-Davidson t-shirt.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Several years ago at a craft show, I asked one the musicians to play Pachebel's Canon. He said he was surprised to get that request from a guy wearing a Harley-Davidson t-shirt.
      The guy had just broken up with a cellist, you see....

Comment

• Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        That's funny, but I don't know why.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Several years ago at a craft show, I asked one the musicians to play Pachebel's Canon. He said he was surprised to get that request from a guy wearing a Harley-Davidson t-shirt.
          Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          That's funny, but I don't know why.
          In case you missed just about the only video on YouTube worth the time to watch it.... Rob Paravorian's Pachabel Rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

Comment

• Gah I have Rammstein and classical next to each other in my mp3, not to mention my 2gb+ of remixed mostly instrumental tracks from video games and anime ( much <3 for www.ocremix.org ).

Heh, and call me wierd but I've never found Rammstein 's lyrics to be terribly offensive. Eight year olds running around singing "Promiscous Girl" and the "thong song" bother me a whole hell of alot more, but thats me. =p

edit: fixed link
            The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
            If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

In case you missed just about the only video on YouTube worth the time to watch it.... Rob Paravorian's Pachabel Rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM
              Thank you so much for linking to that. I'll be forwarding this to every cellist I know!
              "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
              "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
              --Dilbert

Comment

• Did I mention that I have a fondness for classical music? I do, I really do.

Becks, if you ever get a phone that can have different ringtones for different people, I request Fur Elise.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Yeah....ICP.....then go back and listen to your Beastie Boys. Hear the similarity? Yeah.....

Also, I'd like to lodge a complaint that no one plays any Frank Zappa. Susie? Susie Creamcheese?

And the perfect phrase for the man in the OP would be: butthurt whiner.
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

• Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                    Becks, if you ever get a phone that can have different ringtones for different people, I request Fur Elise.
                    I'll keep that in mind.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                      Did I mention that I have a fondness for classical music? I do, I really do.

That's my ringer of choice on my last 3 cellphones.

Lovely piece it is.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        Also, I'd like to lodge a complaint that no one plays any Frank Zappa. Susie? Susie Creamcheese?
                        This is the voice of your conscious baby uh I just want check one thing out with ya. You don't mind do you? Susie Creamcheese, honey, what's gotten into ya?
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Brilliant. Before watching that I seriously never realized exactly how overused that melody is.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Wonder what he would have done had y'all been playing the Carmina Burana?
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

• Arena boy, will you marry me?

Don't worry, I'm self reliant, and I have assets.
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

• Quoth freaktard View Post
                                You want OFFENSIVE??? Listen to this:

http://ubu.artmob.ca/sound/komar_mel...wantedSong.mp3

(You can read more about it here...
                                http://www.designobserver.com/archives/030691.html)
                                Oh my dear fluffy lord... I'm listening to it, and I can't stop laughing. It's SO GODDAM BAD. As a musician, I am stunned and awed by its pure and supremely effective focus on all that is terrible in music. As I sit here, trying not to let my laughter wake up my roommates, I really can't say just how amazing this song is. Definitely getting emailed to all my friends and family, and getting onto my iPod.

Despite being broke, I'm buying the book of paintings in the article you linked to.

Comment

Working...
                                X