This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gripes

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not could someone please move it for me?

First a little about where I work.
    Years ago it was a service/gas station but when the insurance went up to high they switched over to a tobacco outlet/gas station. The land, building, and pumps are owned by the gas company. My boss pays them rent monthly for the building. The only thing he has control over is what we sell inside the building.

Most of our customers are regulars.

Now my gripes...

If theres a long line at the pumps dont wait until you get to one of them to dig around to find your money to see how much you want to get.

We have new pumps, they have been there for over 4 months now and yet people still dont understand if you want to pay by cred/debit card we need to run the card BEFORE we pump the fuel. If you are paying cash we need to know if you need a reciept BEFORE we start pumping. After the pump is running and/or finished we can NOT run a card or print a reciept. I am sorry but thats the way its set up, I cant change it no matter how mad you get.

If I ask you cash or card dont tell me cash, then when its done hand me a card. I cant run it now. Its too late, youll have to go inside and use the ATM and pay $1.75 to get the money to pay me. No I will not pay you the $1.75 back.

We dont accept credit/debit cards inside. When I inform you of this dont get pissed at me. The owner hates cards and will not take them. He is forced to take them for gas by the gas company. If he owned that part of the "business" we wouldnt take them for that either.

We dont take checks because of too many people writing bad checks. Again not my fault.

We no longer offer "free air" or air at all because people kept cutting holes in the hose. Sorry but the boss got tired of buying a new hose every other week because of a few idiots.

Yes I know the rest rooms do not have working sinks. Why? Because people kept stealing the dang plumbing, and the boss got tired of paying to have it fixed. He has a support request in to the gas company but they have yet to fix the problem.

If you walk in and I am counting a stack of money dont just start talking and telling me what you want. Ill ignore you until I am done and if you mess me up I will recount.

Dont walk in and half way in the door yell out what cigarettes you want. Guess what Ill take my time getting them.

Dont come in with enough coins that could be rolled but are not as Ill refuse to take them.

Dont tell me $10 in gas then hand me $10 in change. Ill remember you and if you do it again Ill ask you to start going to another station and will not wait on you again.

The pumps are set so only the EMPLOYEES can run them, dont jum,p out and try to pump your own gas then demand that I come over right now and tell you how to work it when I am waiting on 3 other cars. I will tell you to wait or leave, and if you get an attitude or if you just keep messing with the pump after I tell you that I must do it then youll be asked to leave.

If you cuss at me I will refuse you service and youll have to leave.

If I ask you for ID , show me it. If I ask for it I need it, no I will trust you and no I wont trust your mom/dad/friends word that you are old enough.

If someone is outside and asks you to buy them cigarettes or tobacco DONT. They are outside and not buying it themselves for a reason.

Dont think you are going to cut in line at the pumps or counter. If I see you and tell you to wait your turn or goto the back of the line you better or guess what, you will not be buying anything this time around. And if you cuss at me youll be asked to leave and NOT to come back.

If you want a pack of cigarettes and you dont have enough do not ask me to let you go or to lend you the extra. Sorry I am here to make money not give it away.

We are the cheapest place in town for cigarettes, tobacco, snuff, and pop. So no I cant let you have that $3.14 pack of cigareetes for $2.65. not going to happen. I dont want to be fired because of your cheapness.

If you are drunk and you knock over the 4/$1.00 beef jerk "coins" and I charge you for all of the ones that hit the floor dont get mad at me. Yes I charged a drunk $14.50 one night when he dumped them all over. He was pissed. The next day when I told the boss he said I was nuts because the guy is crazy, he talks to himself and walks around in 20 degree weather with shorts and no shirt.

More when I think of them.. :P
    Last edited by VenomX; 12-31-2007, 10:56 PM.

Quoth VenomX View Post
    I hope this is the right place to post this. If not could someone please move it for me?
    Would work fine in here or General Work Chat - it's fine here

Rapscallion

Comment

Your station really seems to attract the cream of the crop, huh?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yes seems so.

Comment

Working...
        X