Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want you to SEE what your company is selling!!11!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want you to SEE what your company is selling!!11!!

A tale from the home department.

SC is looking at the bed in a bags and starts ranting to her friend. She calls me over and screeches "I want you to see what your company is selling....this is Just wrong!"

She's pointing at the package where the measurements for the various sizes are. What she is freaking out about? The California King and the King comforters are the same size.

I pointed out that the sheet set was, indeed a Cal King size and different than the king size. That evidently was not good enough for her.

She rants, she raves.... she tells other customers about how we are 'lying' blahblah false advertising blahblahblah bladdidy blah. She shops with her friend for well over an hour, muttering about it.

I just walked away. I have no clue what she wants ME to do about that. Does she get pissy when comforters are sold in a full/queen? Really, that is about what the difference is here. ( A king is 76" wide x 80" long Cal king 72" wide x 84" long)

The things people get twisted about.

Wow. I would be shocked if companies did make different comforters for king and cal king with such a small difference in length and width. The full/queen thing is kind of annoying though. I have a queen and would really like a slightly larger comforter.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

and she acts as if there's something you can do about it? Wow, what an ungrateful B****. I'd send her to a third world country so she can see they don't even have beds, and guess what, they're perfectly happy, much more so than she is and all they've got is each other and a shack.
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Jaded. A queen is 60"x 80" it would be an extra 16 inches, but a bit of extra room.

d962831 You are a person after my own heart! People here just do not know how good they have it.

Comment

Quoth retaildrone View Post
          Jaded. A queen is 60"x 80" it would be an extra 16 inches, but a bit of extra room.
          I might just go get a cal king comforter then.
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
            I might just go get a cal king comforter then.
            HA!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I've never heard of a California King. How does it differ from a regular King? Is is sold all over? MY friend has a king bed, but I dont ' think he's ever bought a Cal King sheet set.

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                I've never heard of a California King. How does it differ from a regular King? Is is sold all over? MY friend has a king bed, but I dont ' think he's ever bought a Cal King sheet set.
                It's more of a west coast thing, but not exclusive to the west coast at all.

The dimensions are a little different, but the square footage works out the same. I've never seen any bedding that was exclusively for one style of King Matress, but not the other.

I also don't get the Full/Queen thing. Since, they ARE NOT the same size.
                Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

There's such a minute difference between the two. Seriously, what's the point?

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                    It's more of a west coast thing, but not exclusive to the west coast at all.

The dimensions are a little different, but the square footage works out the same. I've never seen any bedding that was exclusively for one style of King Matress, but not the other.
                    The only that I've seen are the extra deep fitted sheets for the pillow top mattresses. Believe that makes a difference.
                    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                    X