This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid questions much?

Just thought I'd share some "questions" I've received over the years.

I work at a store called Gametraders. If you're not familiar with the name, just think EB or GAME, but Australian owned. Practically the same, run on the trading/second hand idea.

Anyway, here are some questions.

Do you trade games here? - My favourite, especially considering we have a huge sign out the front with 'Yes, we trade!'. And also with a title like Gametraders, kinda self explanatory.

Do you sell CD's/DVD's/iPods/anything else electrical? - Once again... GAME traders!

I have a VCR, how much can I get for this? - As above, also, we're not Cash Converters.

*while tapping the price sticker that takes up at least a quarter of the product* What's the price of this?

*while tapping the price sticker* Am I allowed to buy this?

Where are your *genre* games? - Again relating back to signs, each different type of game (PS2, XBOX, PC, etc) is in their own area, with big signs stating so!

Is this *different store* ? - Read the signs idiot!!

SC: I bought this 2 days ago, can I get a refund?
    ME: No.
    SC: Why not?
    ME: Because you didn't buy it from here!
    SC: Yeah I did!
    ME:No, see your receipt, says K-Mart.
    SC: What? This isn't K-Mart?

Ok, I'm not kidding with this...that actually happened! I love it when they get all shitty that I say no to a refund, makes me all warm and tingly inside. Then comes the hilarious "go outside and read what our sign says and figure out why!" comment. Ahhh, it's bliss.

Have so many more, but can't remember them right now.

you work at game traders? thats awesome! I always go to the robina one near my place. I dont know what this has to do with Sucky customers, but I just like going there, you guys are the friendliest, more friendly than EB.

Comment

I could understand the 'Do you trade game here' question, if they were specifically asking about PC games - since EB have traded games for a long time, but always refused to trade PC games due to Copyright issues (al least that was the reason I was told). I walked past my local GameTraders store for months thinking it wouldn't trade/sell second hand PC games - only sell new.

Comment

Quoth NAFeS View Post
        Do you sell CD's/DVD's/iPods/anything else electrical? - Once again... GAME traders!
        Well to be fair, EB and Gamestop as well as other local game stores that run on the same business model tend to have at least a small collection of DVDs. At least around here they do.

Comment

NAFes: I guess it doesn't matter what country you're in, we get the same dumb questions.

(With the big sign above our heads that says, "WE TAKE TRADE-INS!) "Do you guys take trade-ins?"

(With the big price sticker slapped on a PS2 right behind us, not to mention plastered all over the store on boxes) "How much are your PS2s?"

I also got the return thing, only their receipt was from walmart.

And, since my particular store is right next to a cell phone place, we always get people coming in, approaching us, and saying, "Yeah, I wanna sign up for a cell phone." ..Like they didn't notice the complete lack of cellphones in the relatively small store.

The reason we don't take in PC games used for the most part beyond the copyright issues is because of the product/serial key you have to enter upon installing the game, which may be missing. More trouble than it's worth, really, considering the time it already takes to process trades.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Marty:

Oh the questions continue.

Had this one today...

SC: Can I use my EB card here?
            ME: Uhhh....no!
            SC: Why Not?
            ME: .............because we're not EB?
            SC: .......*blank stare*

In the centre, many moons ago, we were able to put tables outside of the entrance of the store. Shop next door did it all the time, mostly with CD's on it. People continually brought them into our store wanting to buy them. Most understood their mistake, as we understood the confusion, except for one woman...

SC: Can I get this thanks?
            ME: You can, but first you're going to have to take it next door. It's their item.
            SC: But it was out the front there!
            ME: Yes, but it's their item. There's a sign on the table stating so.
            SC: But it was out the front of YOUR store.
            ME: No it isn't, it's to the side of our store.
            SC: Well....Can I get this then?
            ME: *rolling eyes* you have to take it next door!
            SC: But I don't want to. Can't you sell it to me anyway?

...and it just kept going on like that for a while..

and also...my favourite question...

"Where's *the store next door* gone? Did they move?"...
            ................They closed 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X